Tribunal tomorrow - anxious as hell

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tribunal tomorrow - anxious as hell

Postby InkyBob » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi all,

I have my DLA tribunal tomorrow and I'm as anxious as anything.

I used to get DLA (LRM & MRC for 5 years!) which was removed at renewal in 2011. I appealed the decision, was turned down. Made a fresh application - turned down, appealed, turned down. This is my 2nd reapplication! I wouldn't keep going through with this but I have worse mobility than when I originally qualified for DLA, and my other conditions are static (ASD & dyspraxia). I need help every day and can't walk without a lot of pain.

I just don't know how to show them I need the help I do. I've explained it all in writing, given evidence of my diagnoses, pointed out where in the DWP guidance it says what those conditions can cause, and explained how they interact to make my life pretty blinking difficult!

So please wish me luck. I really hope I have an understanding panel as this is doing my head in.
My photos on Flickr (a bit of a motley assortment!) https://www.flickr.com/photos/mysight
InkyBob
UKFM Member

Re: Tribunal tomorrow - anxious as hell

Postby catscout » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Good luck and sending good wishes your way.

Dreading my appointment it's never nice having to get it through to them that you appear normal on the outside but inside you are hurting like hell.

Best wishes for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Cx
catscout
UKFM Member

Postby InkyBob » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:05 pm

catscout wrote:Good luck and sending good wishes your way.

Dreading my appointment it's never nice having to get it through to them that you appear normal on the outside but inside you are hurting like hell.

Best wishes for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Cx

Thank you Catscout,

At the moment I feel like I'm waiting for "Evil Christmas" if that makes sense? An antsy, agitated nervous excitement.

I'll certainly update when I hear.

*breathes*
My photos on Flickr (a bit of a motley assortment!) https://www.flickr.com/photos/mysight
InkyBob
UKFM Member

Postby linda3719 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Bless you - hope it all goes your way - will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on.

It is so nerve wrecking all of this - makes you feel even worse, if that would be possible.

Good luck x x x :-D :-D :-D
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Thinking of you I hope you get the right decision :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roslynne » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:27 am

Hope it goes well for you hun, now that ATOS
are out & you'e provided every scrap of
evidence it should be a no brainer :-)
I had my medical at home with CAPITA
in Feb & still waiting for
a reply?
Same as you, up to 2011 I was on Incapacity
& then ATOS happened :-(
I hope you win & they back date to 2011
Keep us posted hun:-) xxx
Roslynne
UKFM Newbie

Postby eeyorejd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:25 am

Good Luck with it all.
The stress of appealing just make a bad condition even worse as the stress doesn't help.
I appealed and won so I really hope you get the same results.
Take care best wishes x
eeyorejd
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:53 am

Turn the anxiety into a positive by using it to shows how your illness affects you. It's tool you can use.
Lindilou

Postby InkyBob » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks all. "Helpfully" I hardly slept last night so today I feel less than my best! Just hope it is clear to panel, and doesn't look like a drunk act!
InkyBob
UKFM Member

Postby InkyBob » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Well it was pretty horrible, and the dr basically pushed me to a point where I could no longer form a sentence.

They have adjourned, requested a DWP medical at my home, and want all of my doctors records going back to 2011 - a full year before this application even went in.

The doctor made reference to my going to different hospitals, and kept asking about how I travelled to work (yes, I work three days a week, I have a bad sickness record and have made several big mistakes due to my brain fart!) it was more of an interrogation than anything I've had before.

I genuinely feel that I am never going to qualify for DLA, even if my legs fell off.
InkyBob
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:33 am

InkyBob......I read your post twice. I would be looking on the positive side of things if they asked for your medical records back to 2011. They are obviously considering you in my mind or they would have just thought, well then sorry but you are a no.
Don't get down on yourself. Right now you have no answer so you are in no worse place than yesterday. Try to keep a positive outlook,I know it is hard. Patience...good things do come, eventually, to those who wait. I believe it. My case was under tribunal for 10 years for a 100% pension. I got it and I got 10 years of full pay back in my pocket, all tax free.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:16 am

I'm inclined to agree with Whoami on this. They could just have said no on the day or sent you a letter of refusal . This way they are getting al 2nd opinion and looking into the matter on detail. Of course a win would have been the best solution but this seems like a better outcome than a refusal. So don't lose heart.

With regard to the doctor making reference to you having gone to different hospitals , did you feel this was a problem or inferred something. You're allowed to work and claim DLA or PIP, there's no problem in being asked how you get to work unless your answer contradicts something you've put in your form or appeal, so try not to worry about it.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby InkyBob » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks both,

I'm just so fed up with living with stupid pain and tiredness but having no clear diagnosis and little medical back up, so no proof! I'm on this forum because fibro *may* be part of what's going on, but it may not be, I just don't know.

My medical records are a real mishmash. One physio noted I have restricted movement in my hips, then a rheumatologist at the same hospital who told me "you have herniated discs, there's nothing to be done you just have to get used to it, and your hips are just fine"

After a year of trying to get used to it I just couldn't, so asked to be referred to a different hospital. They have been great, but still there in my notes in black and white it says there is no clinical reason for my pain!

The rheumatologist who said my hips were fine and moved normally did no examination at all - I sat in a chair, he asked me questions, that was all.

I'm at my wits end. I know all I can do is be honest but I just don't seem to be able to explain why I find things as difficult as I do.
InkyBob
UKFM Member

Postby InkyBob » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 am

Since Monday my pain levels have been high and I've had horrible bowels and not dared be too far from the loo. I hate that stress does this, and makes me feel so ill.

I wish the tribunal panels realised the impact they have on people.
InkyBob
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits