work first formal review

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

work first formal review

Postby Helhit » Sat May 10, 2014 2:08 pm

I have just been signed off for 4 weeks. My work have scheduled a formal review before the sicknote runs out. I have only taken 2 days off with FM before now, so illness very new to me.
My managers seem to take me being off ok but the minutes of the last meeting have come through and it's all one sided to make them look good and I'm just using the illness to take time off. It also includes something I told another collegue in confidence. They seem to have taken me being off personally.
In my anger ive written all over the minutes with my comments, which I've taken my time with so they're not nasty.
Now im sort of regretting doing it, but I have to sign to say I agree with the minutes, when in places I don't.
Ive rung my union who will come in the review with me. They say dont worry cos I now have their suppport.
I just feel so worried about everything and can't stop thinking I'll have to get back to work asap or I'll lose my home.
Am I making mountains out of molehills?
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Re: work first formal review

Postby denys » Sat May 10, 2014 5:56 pm

No you arent making mountains out of molehills but you will now be on the defensive so take a deep breath before saying anything and let your union rep help you.

If a colleague has used something said to them in confidence then you have the right to confront them about that, but its out in the open now and really cant be taken back. You have only got the one sick note at present so why the formal stuff at such an early stage :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: seems quick to me :?: :?: :?: :?:

Go in with an open mind and try not to react with anger :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: work first formal review

Postby Helhit » Mon May 12, 2014 9:40 am

Hi denys
Thanks for your advice, I have spoken to union, who are very supportive.
Im making my additions on the minutes, which ive taken care over, so that they are not filled with anger.
Feeling much more positive now.
Thanks
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits