PIP Assessment - centre or at home?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Assessment - centre or at home?

Postby shoog » Wed May 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi guys. I've seen a lot of comments about asking for a PIP assessment to be done at home because you'll be automatically rejected if you go to one at an assessment centre as it proves you can travel there and back. How much truth is there to this? I live in a shared flat with flatmates and I would not feel comfortable having someone come to my house to assess me. Not in the slightest.
Lauren
shoog
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Assessment - centre or at home?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed May 14, 2014 5:55 pm

I requested a home visit for my ESA medical and was declined.

I was asked many questions on how i got to the interview and i explained that even tho i managed to get there i had get my mum to drive me there as i cannot do public transport because of my anxiety and panic attack and that i stoppped several times because traveling causes alot of pain and stiffness and that i sat in the back so i could lay down. As long as you explain fully how traveling effects you and what you have to adjust/do just to be able to travel like i did they except it.

If on the other you managed to plan the journey and travel alone and at a long distance this is what sometimes causes the problem. Even so you could state that you had help to plan the journey/planned it bit by bit each day to get it right, went alone but felt anxious etc etc it will help. Its explaining in detail the stresses and problems surrounding travelling and also what happens after. For example... Even tho i have managed to be here today i feel so fatigued and in such severe pain that as soon as i get home i will need to take some painkillers and lay down.

Good luck!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits