Help please-partner works 24 hrs p/wk

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help please-partner works 24 hrs p/wk

Postby Davesmum » Wed May 14, 2014 3:13 pm

I had a text saying that ESA had been awarded so I called to find out more and they told me that because my other half works 24 hours a week, it cancels out my benefit, so I get nothing.
Is this right???
Davesmum
UKFM Member

Re: Help please-partner works 24 hrs p/wk

Postby Lindilou » Wed May 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Davesmum wrote:I had a text saying that ESA had been awarded so I called to find out more and they told me that because my other half works 24 hours a week, it cancels out my benefit, so I get nothing.
Is this right???

That's a bit of a contradiction :!:
Lindilou

Postby denys » Wed May 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Bizarre, wait to see what the award letter says and then seek advice from a benefits advisor
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby padders » Thu May 15, 2014 7:26 pm

I believe it is right I couldn't claim as my partner works. Was told to claim working tax credits and we could claim the disability bit as well.but as someone already said see what happens s
padders
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 15, 2014 10:20 pm

I'm guessing that it was Income Based ESA you were trying to claim. This could possibly explain why you have rec'd what seems to be contradictory info. Income Based ESA is paid based on household income, so whilst OH works 24 hours per week, what he is paid will possibly be over the threshold limit that applies to Income Based ESA. Whilst you won't receive any payments, qualifying should still mean that National Insurance Credits are paid for you.

As has already been suggested, speaking to a Benefits Adviser should be able to give you some more specific answers relating to your situation.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Davesmum » Thu May 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Too many hours work to get esa but not enough to get working tax credit! :yikes:
Davesmum
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits