New to ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to ESA

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:25 pm

My father talked to the lady on the phone regarding my claim for ESA as my muscle spasms have become so severe my jaw clenches shut, or I stutter incoherently....So step one is done. I have a six month certificate from my doctor, at which time I will be re-assessed and not just thrown back to the wolves, which is lovely. After the form arrives at my home, do I just return it with the certificate, I don't have anything else. Can I go to the hospital and retrieve my records that prove I have been admitted over night? Not sure what evidence is needed? xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: New to ESA

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 14, 2014 5:55 pm

The usual advice is to enclose as much supporting evidence as you can when you send the form back. This could be letters from people you have seen to do with being dx'd, to do with treatments/therapies/clinics you may have been referred for. Details from medical records can be a big help. Bear in mind tho, there quite often is a charge payable to get copies of medical records, which can start to tot~up if you have been seen in a number of places by various people's.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:09 pm

My diagnosis was made in America 10 years ago and I have sent cheques and letters to get them to release them to me, my problem is I worked on a nuclear base, FBI clearance, I don't think they want any information to leave the institution.

I will contact my local hospital and ask for any and all records regarding my hospitalizations. Again, you guys are the best:) xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Logically, copies relating to your dx and health should be available to you, with any super~secret stuff being redacted. But, as we know, logic doesn't always come in to it :o

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:57 pm

So, I have sent another letter to the hospital on base to get my medical records, this time addressed to the "man in charge." I also decided to send one to the archives, just in case, after this much time they have just shipped them off. Fingers crossed something will happen in the coming weeks to see if I get my full medical history. It is okay talking to the doctors, and I have been lucky enough that they have taken my word for it, but I am sure there are things that could be better explained by my notes and not my fuzzy inaccurate memory....
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am

Forgot to add...

ESA was suspended along with every benefit I was owed, as they thought I was still working, even though I sent in my medical certificate, called and told them I was no longer working, and contacted HMRC to confirm I was no longer self-employed. There conclusion was that because I was receiving working tax credits I must be working. I told the gentleman on the phone that I no longer worked and he told me that I would get the working tax credits for 28 days to give my applications for other benefits time to go through. Called ESA to find out what the problem was and they now say it is because I was awarded too much...I thought if they made a mistake they just took it from the next payments until the debt was repaid, not suspend everything. I just finished fighting with housing and council tax so that should be kicking in this week, but not a penny have I had except for my daughters DLA to pay the bills and eat since the 9th of May....I am just flabbergasted!! I contacted a group called Fightback, going to see if they can help.

Will update if anything happens...thanks for the vent guys, just tired of fighting for everything, just want some peace..

xx
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 pm

I have been awarded £144 and change every two weeks. I am hoping that my PIP will be sorted sooner rather than later as I owe money to everyone trying to stay afloat. I did call ESA and explain that my situation has changed since i put in the application, my health is deteriorating on a daily basis, (will explain in another post), and was told I have to write a letter....that is funny, as part of my problem is fine motor skills. Typing this I am watching every key and finger to make sur it goes where it is supposed to, but use the delete button far too often!!!!
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits