back at work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

back at work

Postby kayterry » Thu May 15, 2014 4:50 pm

i returned to my job after 3 months at the end of April following fibro diagnosis. I have reduced my hours to help my condition and my boss is great. i have looked for advice on what i can possibly claim in benefits and think PIP would be a good place to start unless anyone can advised me of anything else. I also wondered is there any benefit out there that my boss can claim for employing me as there are certain costs involved when he has to pay another menber of staff overtime to cover my sick days (only had 1 so far but it is still costly to him as he doesnt deduct anything from my pay for odd days) he also paid me 3 weeks full pay and 5 weks half pay then SSP whilst i was off and still had to pay somebody else to cover my hours. i have fibromyalgia, type 1 diabetes, menieres disease, hyperthyroidism, spondylitis and osteoarthritis. i believe fibro is classed as a disability and my diabetes is a chronic illness so just wondered if he get get any reward for employing me.
Many thanks for reading
:-D
kayterry
UKFM Newbie

Re: back at work

Postby denys » Thu May 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Your boss needs to talk to DWP I'm sure they will be able to advice him as for you I'm not sure maybe talk to a benefits advisor, who will hopefully point you in the right direction

I have moved your post into here as its a more appropriate board and hopefully your post wont get lost and you will get more advice :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: back at work

Postby kayterry » Thu May 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Thank you denys Think my boss deserves a medal lol
kayterry
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits