[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DLA to PIP

DLA to PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA to PIP

Postby lisa m 1973 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi. Just wanted to query. Having had an aneurysmal haemmoragic stroke at the age of twelve, my left balance organ was removed 5 years ago and Ménière's in my right ear, I was awarded lifetime dla at my last application.

I understand that if you're condition worsens, which it has for me with the addition of fibro, you are meant to inform them. With the change to PiP my understanding is that my dla will be stopped until a decision is made which could be months.

My problem is that I cannot afford to lose my dla until they get their act together and make a decision. However due to my change of condition I now believe I qualify for enhanced rate mobility whereas I currently get the lower rate on dla.

So my question is do I inform them in the hope they award me, but in the process of doing so putting myself financially in dire straights or do I wait until they contact me which I now hear could be as late as 2017 and lose out on money that I believe I will be owed and that I so badly need.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lisa m 1973
UKFM Member

Re: DLA to PIP

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 22, 2014 3:25 pm

If you put in for a change of circumstances now you will receive the PIP forms but because you are on indefinate DLA you will still receive this until they make a decision.

If you get the higher rate they will backdate you to when you put in the COC but if however they decide your rates to lower you will have to pay back the amount owing from the COC

Putting in a COC opens up your claim totaly so you cannot just ask them to look into your mobility they will assess it as a whole

Hope this helps

To make sure you get the correct information i would call them up and ask.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby marie marrison » Thu May 22, 2014 3:27 pm

the dla will pay you until the pip reach a decision I received a letter from capita last week to notified me that my payment will remain the same until the decision is made and I also will have to have after 3 years of hell another assement
#
marie marrison
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:40 pm

i have been on dla for the last 7 years and my renewal has just come and it still says dla nothing about this new pip system.

So i would just put your change in and see what they do.
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby lindsayfieldman » Thu May 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi ive applyed for pip does anyone know how long it
Takes that was start of april ??
lindsayfieldman
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tel1 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:24 pm

BE aware:)))) A friend of mine was getting indefinite awards of Mobility and care with DLA...
She told the DLA that there had been a change and that she is worse now from when they
awarded her DLA back in the 90s.... She sent all the new additional evidence to say that
she is now suffering from this that and the other and that her original condition and the
help she still needs is the same, but her condition is much worse.

Weeks later they stopped *everything* she appealed twice and they wouldn't give it to her again
even though she had DLA for life....If you have DLA just keep it and don't mention anything to
them until you *have* to convert to PIP otherwise you will probably loose what you have at the moment.
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Lisa, if it possible, try and see a Benefits Adviser about this. With them being familiar with the system and how things have and are changing, they should be able to give you a more detailed idea about possible outcomes. And if you do decide to go ahead with a CoC, they should be able to help you with it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LibbyWick » Fri May 23, 2014 4:53 pm

LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby Helenmary » Sun May 25, 2014 12:38 pm

you will still get your dla payment while they assess your PIP, I think time limits vary as to whether it's atos or capita who do your assessment, mine was really quick compared to others I've read about, and I had capita do mine, a very nice woman came and did it at home, and told me I should here decision in 4/5 weeks and 5 weeks later I had my decision and have been awarded both care & mobility. She actually knew about FM but I also gave her a print out of over 200 symptoms of FM, the more you can get organised for assessment the better and have someone with you too.
Helenmary
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits