Blue Badge

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blue Badge

Postby diaryroom » Wed May 28, 2014 9:23 am

OMG you could knock me over with a feather. I don't receive PIP but I applied for a blue badge mid April. I phoned the local council on Monday as I hadn't heard anything and they said there was a backlog due to staffing problems and they had only just started processing applications for April. They said I would receive a letter inviting me for an assessment. Yesterday when I got home from work there was a letter for me and upon opening it, out fell a blue badge!!! I cried with sheer relief as this will help me so much with parking near where I work. Hope you don't think I am rubbing it in with my news as I appreciate that there people out there that are really struggling with the 'system'. Gentle hugs to you all xx
diaryroom
UKFM Member

Re: Blue Badge

Postby hoysey » Wed May 28, 2014 9:50 am

Surely you must have known you were getting one, as they send you a letter telling you if you have been successful, you also have to send them the £10 it costs for one
hoysey
UKFM Member

Postby 0okelebeko0 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:58 am

Congratulations! Unfortunately, I've just received my letter and there was no blue badge, instead an appointment on 2nd June for an assessment.
If anyone could advise me if what to expect or anything important I should know, I'd really appreciate it...
0okelebeko0
UKFM Newbie

Postby mikeyboy2014 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:14 am

hoysey wrote:Surely you must have known you were getting one, as they send you a letter telling you if you have been successful, you also have to send them the £10 it costs for one

Depends on where you live as here in Wales there is no £10 fee and I didn't get a letter saying I was successful either just the badge through the post with no assesment either
mikeyboy2014
UKFM Member

Postby Aldon40 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:23 am

Morning I live in kent and applied for blue badge I didn't have to be assessed my blue badge just came through which has really helped.. Keep trying you will succeed.
Aldon40
UKFM Member

Postby diaryroom » Wed May 28, 2014 10:47 am

hoysey wrote:Surely you must have known you were getting one, as they send you a letter telling you if you have been successful, you also have to send them the £10 it costs for one

I didn't receive anything thats why I contacted the council to chase them up. I live in Scotland so it must be free.
diaryroom
UKFM Member

Postby Lindar » Wed May 28, 2014 11:52 am

I had put off applying for a blue badge as my local Council's website said that the criteria for a badge without a PIP or DLA award required a letter from a hospital, a GP's letter was not enough. As I had never seen anyone at the hospital other than a physiotherapist I didn't apply. However when I was trying to get my ESA form completed at my local banafit advice centre thay told me to apply and i am so glad I did.

I had to go for an assessment with a lovely lady. She asked about how the fybro affected me and what I would use a blue badge for. I then had to do a walking assessment which required me to walk a distance of about 50m all in but with chairs at convenient places for rests if I needed one. At the end, once she told me I would get a blue badge she said she didn't like awarding them to people who said they would use them mainly for shopping. She commented on my footwear and then told me what distance I had walked up till I needed to rest and what distance I had walked in total. The whole thing was tiring but not unduly stressful. I am now just waiting for the badge to arrive.
Lindar
UKFM Newbie

Postby JanetLeslie » Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 pm

In Scotland or at least South Lanarkshire you can pick up a form. Once you have filled in your part take it to your doctor to fill in their part. when you return it you have to provide photos and the fee is £20 for a new style badge. I hope this is of help to someone. :-)
JanetLeslie
UKFM Newbie

Postby lovesbubbles » Thu May 29, 2014 1:33 am

I eventually applied for a blue badge as I was a little bit thrown by the new application form. I then tried to apply online, this was even worse.

Its been a fortnight now and I am still waiting to hear from them, hopefully as it is a renewal, rather than a new application I won't have to attend yet another assessment

Fingers crossed x

Update, My blue badge arrived yesterday
lovesbubbles
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits