Don't Give Up

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Don't Give Up

Postby Beth1012 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:22 pm

I started a claim for PIP in October 2013 when the Fibro had exceeded all previous levels of pain & fatigue (I was diagnosed in 2003)............

7 1/2 months later I finally got a response (2 1/2 weeks after appealing to my local MP for help after multiple phone calls & months of being fobbed off by Atos)

I GOT PIP! Enhanced rate care & standard rate mobility............now I can pay the bills & eat.....relief :-)

I haven't worked full time for 4 years, even part time is a real struggle. I live on my own, I have no help.

On top of the Fibro I have endometriosis and chronic back problems; spinal fusion at L4 / L5 including titanium cage, plates & screws & chronic sciatica. Chronic carpel tunnel, both hands, now needing surgery.

BUT don't give up with those PIP claims. If you're not getting a response contact your local MP, if you get turned down APPEAL.

It's hard to be strong when you're in constant pain and chronic fatigue means you can't get out of bed / off the sofa / out of your PJ's. :snore1:
But it's only by the number of our combined voice that people will start to recognise /acknowledge the devastating effects of Fibro.

These Fibro forms have made me realise, after more than a decade, that I'm not alone. :wave:

Be strong & keep fighting. :face-slap: It won't take away the pain or the fatigue but it may take away some of the financial stress / worry

Love & light to all x x x :-P

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Re: Don't Give Up

Postby denys » Sat May 31, 2014 8:25 pm

Glad to hear you have been successful, I have moved you into here as it is a more suitable board for your post
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lizee » Sat May 31, 2014 9:28 pm

I have just received my form today, I now have hope that maybe ill get some help. Thank you xx
Lizee
UKFM Member

Postby lovesbubbles » Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi Lizzie

I wouldn't have the first idea about writing to my MP, are there any tips you could give me (or others who may also need some advice) on how to write to your MP

Thanks
lovesbubbles
UKFM Member

Postby Beth1012 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:46 pm

lovesbubbles wrote:Hi Lizzie

I wouldn't have the first idea about writing to my MP, are there any tips you could give me (or others who may also need some advice) on how to write to your MP

Thanks

Hello There :wave:

First thing I did was put "local MP Norwich North" (obviously add your own area!!??)into Google and it gave the contact telephone number for the MP's local office.

I rang the local number & explained on 'phone what the problem was, they sent me a "Permission Form" (which I received the next day)that I had to sign and send back so they could act on my behalf.

I sent copies of the letter that came with the original PIP Application form and copy of Atos Medical Assessment Appointment letter. I'd also kept records of all the dates that I'd called DWP & Atos and rough outline of what they'd said, so I sent copy of that as well.

My MP then contacted the MD at Atos and also DWP & wrote to me to let me know what she'd done.

Then BINGO :wine: 2 1/2 weeks later I finally got outcome!
So, be brave, be strong, get hold of your local MP & keep fighting!!!! :hit1:

MP imploring any / all constituents experiencing these problems to get in touch with them.

Hope this helps all who are struggling with the nightmare of PIP claims

Good luck :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2:

:blowkiss: Love & light x x x

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Postby Cathy67 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:38 am

Hi. I am new to this forum today but have just read your post. I too would advise anybody not to give up on claiming PIP. I applied on the 28th May 2013 and finally got my decision 51 weeks and 3 days later! It took many months of calls and letters of complaint to ATOS and DWP but I was finally awarded it and it was back dated. It is so frustrating when you are trying to get an answer.
Cathy67
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jacky55 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi. I'm also new to this forum. I just want to thankyou so much for inspiring me, and giving me hope. I read your post and the responses you received. I have felt like giving up to the point where I just feel like a complete waste of space, and shouldn't be alive. Reading this, makes me feel that maybe I too need to keep going. So thankyou once again for your positivity and the best of luck with your claim. :flowers: X
Jacky55
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits