feeling sad :-( :-(

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feeling sad :-( :-(

Postby angie68 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:26 pm

helloooo you lovely lot, well ive been waiting 7months for PIP, guess what the answer is NOPE 0 points cant believe it when ive had to pack some hours in at work because couldnt cope, says i didnt need help with certain things i told ATOS i did in 4 things...apparently they ring you now after and look at the case agin, also what maddens me we see people and they walking the streets to the pub and get everything going...i have brain fog, ive been in a flare for months im always tired as you all know what fibro is, so to them im fit has a lop!!!...just venting im so so upset my tears are stuck in me stomach ready to surface, my income has come down and i dont know how we survive has a family..gutted not the word!!!...ATOS SAID STUFF THAT I DIDNT SAY...is there any other way to do this, i was honest i didnt have to lie to them!!!!! thanks for taking ye time reaing and any advice would be grateful xx
angie68
UKFM Member

Re: feeling sad :-( :-(

Postby eeyorejd » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi Angie68

Don't give up!
I know how upsetting it is when you see it written in black and white in front of you.
When they say your fit to do things you know your not.
I went through the similar thing earlier in the year I was on DLA and had five things added ( t including Fibromyalgia) to my already
Long list of illnesses. When they reacessed me I lost everything I sat and cried for two whole days then I got angry thinking of all the ones
That are either faking or making things out to be worse than they are. I put in an appeal with the help of Dial
A disabled support group. I got letters from my OT, falls team and consultant.
The dla wrote to my consultant and I won the appeal and got everything back. My advice would be get as many letters as possible
To back your claim even from friends and family stating what they do and what you can't do and fight for it.
It's not an easy battle but it's worth the fight.
So have a damn good cry then get cross and start fighting.
Good luck with it all xxx
eeyorejd
UKFM Member

Postby bouncer0304 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Sorry to hear that :-( Mine's on 4th Juky and i too am expecting a 0 despite me being unwell. That's one of the reasons why i'm asking for mine to be recorded- that way if they say one thing and it doesn't match the recording, then i have extra evidence. I'm not looking forward to it though. Try to see your local CAB office if you can. Best of luck!
bouncer0304
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:39 pm

Does anyone who just has Fibro as a diagnosis and are still able to work actually get a successful claim for DLA or the new PIP.

I am not saying people shouldn't get it, all i'm saying is that if you can work with Fibro the benefit people don't seem to think you need it, as you are not disabled enough.

I know that's gar-bish, garbled-rubbish but hope you understand.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Beth1012 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:44 pm

All / Any of my Fibro Lovelies battling :hit1: PIP / DLA outcomes / assessments / appeals etc...

Contact your Local MP ..........Just look them up courtesy of Mr Google for their local contact details.

Mine was really supportive and directly contacted the big wigs at Atos & DWP to get my result sorted :-D in 2 1/2 week after 8 months of waiting

My MP was appealing to anyone in this predicament to get in touch with their own MP's so that the difficulties & delays can be highlighted and given more attention in Parliament

Multiple voices are louder than one :scream-1: and those who shout loudest get heard!

Good Luck :goodluck1:

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Postby SianneArtarian » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:18 pm

ATOS did that to me too - I told her I couldn't walk to the train station without being in a lot of pain during and after and she put in the report that I "described walking to the train station with my children which is a 20 minute walk". I was furious. ATOS are losing the contract but I personally don't feel that guarantees the system being made better for the people who apply. Fight them all the way!
SianneArtarian
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:25 pm

I am in Canada so your benefits don't relate to me. I can however suggest to just keep appealing decisions. It took me 10 years but I got 10 years full pay backdated. I know hard hard it is financially, we lost everything.

As far as others getting benefits. Don't concern yourself about it. It is not worth getting all worked up, especially when you don't know their story of their life. I do believe that agencies can pick out people who try to fake things. I have sat through enough trials to come to that conclusion. At my final hearing there was another going on and the judges stopped his trial. Hubby and I were sitting in the court room waiting for mine. One said... Mrs.? It is obvious you are in a lot of pain. There is a room you can lie down in and we will do yours next. I didn't have the trial, they came to me and said they had rewarded me 100% disability all backdated the 10 years.

Nobody give up, be honest, and don't worry about who else out there looks like they are not entitled. We never know what their condition is and if they are out on a good day. X
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby angie68 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:42 pm

migrembe wrote:Does anyone who just has Fibro as a diagnosis and are still able to work actually get a successful claim for DLA or the new PIP.

I am not saying people shouldn't get it, all i'm saying is that if you can work with Fibro the benefit people don't seem to think you need it, as you are not disabled enough.

I know that's gar-bish, garbled-rubbish but hope you understand.

i know what you mean, but yes i know people with fibro and do get it, theres a lad says he has it but goes all over the world takes me all the time to go to work and hes never worked in his life!!!!!!...how does that work?????....thank you for all the advice, cant believe the things i told them and not in report!!!! ggrrr....i had to pack half of hours at work cos my body couldnt handle the pain of working and coming home doing housework stuff...so husband does alot and my son bless him helps me also.....also a young lass is her mothers carer cos she has fibro!!!! so yes we can get dla or PIP
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:02 pm

Yes i get it but then i am unable to work. I wondering if anyone got DLA etc and was actually at work. As a friend of mine who works part time was turned down on the ground that she was fit enough to go to work 5 days a week, so she didn't need it.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:20 pm

migrembe wrote:Yes i get it but then i am unable to work. I wondering if anyone got DLA etc and was actually at work. As a friend of mine who works part time was turned down on the ground that she was fit enough to go to work 5 days a week, so she didn't need it.

hellooo im using your quote so i dont forget what im writing,..i know what ye mean, i work but had to knowck 2 days on the head me body couldnt handle it, people who work get DLA i know a nurse who does and they work hard lift patients etc...my husband helps me in the house so i save my energy for work etc...the system stinks
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:26 am

Just another crazy - i have friend who has been in a wheelchair since he was born and had his DLA mobility claim lowered because he has enough upper body strength to move himself from his chair to his bed, he won his appeal, but what a waste of time and money.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:54 am

angie68 wrote: theres a lad says he has it but goes all over the world takes me all the time to go to work and hes never worked in his life!!!!!!...how does that work?????....
To be fair, Angie, lots of people with fibro can live a pretty normal life (I certainly do), but I do agree that if he isn't working and he's getting benefits for fibro then it seems odd he is able to 'go all over the world'.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:41 pm

SchroedingersCat wrote:
angie68 wrote: theres a lad says he has it but goes all over the world takes me all the time to go to work and hes never worked in his life!!!!!!...how does that work?????....
To be fair, Angie, lots of people with fibro can live a pretty normal life (I certainly do), but I do agree that if he isn't working and he's getting benefits for fibro then it seems odd he is able to 'go all over the world'.

ye not wrong...yes we can be "normal" with fibro but yes we do have realy bad days and i try work round the pain, its the fatigue that gets ye...also the pain gets me dow of it been constant....yes this lad has just got aching bones with been on xbox all nite sleeps during the day, makes me sick he never worked and talks to ppl abroad and goes all over says he has bipolar has well nobody with bipolar would be able to do that makes me mad....also an acholic i know gets everything i mean the full lot all he does is go to the pub 8.30 every day yep AM on a morning....sytsem stinks i would say well i know i am, honest about my illness same has majority has others....now they fone you and have a chat with you and they look at the claim again...so any advice on that ???? has if i could post things off or ask dr to do anything!!!.....x thanks all..x
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby linda3719 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Oh no - so sorry to hear that. However like previous comment - contact your mp.

That is what i did after waiting for months for appt for medical - about 7 months, and within a day of his writing I got appt for my medical.

Had to write to him again to ask for help as dwp had not had report from them (atos) 9 weeks after my medical. Again, this worked and they sent report to dwp.

Thursday of this week i checked my bank - could not believe my eyes - i got back pay pip - the letter telling me arrived the following day.
Back pay was from 15th September 2013.

This was my third attempt at getting dla/pip. To say I was gobsmacked at getting an award is an understatement.

So don't give up -ask for help and appeal decisions that don't go your way.

You hear so many times about poor people who keep getting refused help and it is just not on.

All the best, and I hope things improve for you :-) :-) :-)

Take care all x
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:50 am

very pleased for you linda, ppl do deserve it not like others....im waiting for my fone call and go from there, if not i will have a check out for the mp see what he can do...i will speak my mind to them like, this be another way ooo nothing wrong you can sit and talk to me on fone...ive written bullet points down...but i know i dont need them cos im not lying x they will probs fone unexpected if the cant reach me i have to ring them...
angie68
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits