My assessment went, well...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: My assessment went, well...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:26 pm

It wasn't due to what you said bouncer, so please don't worry. Your experience unfortunately fits in with with what many others have said theirs were like too :( :( :( :( :(

Even if the person carrying out the assessment comes across as being one of the good ones, things may not always be what they seem. When I last saw Atos, I had a nurse carrying out my assessment. To take her at face value, she was lovely. She knew about FM and how debilitating it can be, and was very sympathetic. She said she worked at the hospital I had been in a number of years previously after being involved in a car crash that left me with a broken neck. Again she was very sympathetic and understood how the injury had affected me over the years, even saying how lucky I was to be walking as it would have taken less than a millimetre more movement in the vertebrae that was dislodged and I would have wheelchair bound for the rest of my days, and if I was lucky, might have a little movement in the little finger and ring finger of each hand.

I'm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: to say both myself and my OH were completely taken in by her, and when the assessment was over, we left with some hope that she would be true to what she had said she was going to include in her report :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: And when I had a call from DWP a few weeks later advising me of my fate, it really hit me just how much I had been played, which made me feel even worse and reduced me to :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Altho I had been fully retired due to ill health and had given her a copy of the letter which stated that I would not recover enough to return to even a part time role, as well as including one in my claim, she had stated in her report that she was of the opinion that I was more than capable of returning to some form of employment, and with minimum support being needed. Suffice to say, I appealed the decision, and thankfully only needed to go as far as the reconsideration stage where the decision was changed in my favour.

Sorry, I'm digressing now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: It just shows how things can go tho. Altho your assessment didn't go as well as you would have liked it too, there is still a possibility that the decision made is a favourable one for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits