Capita keeps cancelling my appointments

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Capita keeps cancelling my appointments

Postby 6611160 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:13 am

Does anyone know what I can do about actually getting my PIP assessment carried out?

Submitted my PIP application in March, & 14 weeks ago, was finally informed that my claim had been passed to assessor team. Finally got a letter last week scheduling a home visit on Monday 14th July at 9am, with them proposing the home visit, not at my request.

Had a call at 0840 on Monday cancelling as the health professional was not available...... Rescheduled for Friday 16th 9am.

0815 this morning, had the phone call from Capita this morning cancelling my second appoint, again for the "health professional being unavailable". Luckily for me it's a home assessment so I haven't had to travel miles unnecessarily, however, both myself & my husband have now had to take 2 days of our holiday entitlement from work, and will now have to take a third each.

The new appointment is now 2 weeks away!
Really annoyed as I understand that we are only able to reschedule the assessment once, so how come they can do this as much as they like, especially when we are the ones with health issues that get worse with the stress of all of this?

As you can probably tell, I am fuming & everything is now starting to hurt even more than before already.

I have asked to speak to a manager in Capita about this - apparently, I should get a call back in 5 working days! This is ludicrous! Is there anything I can do about this, all I want is to get the assessment over & done with as I'm sick of worrying about it all the time? I've been waiting almost 4 months already since the paperwork was passed to the assessment team, and I feel that they deliberately mess us about so that we'll just give in as it affects our health.......

Tried speaking to DWP about this & they apparently don't take complaints about the assessment teams, even though they are acting on DWPs behalf!

Help!
UKFM Member

Re: Capita keeps cancelling my appointments

Postby padders » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi
You are lucky to have got a assessment this quick. I put mine in same time as you and I haven't heard a thing from them, just a letter saying it can take up tom26 weeks!! I am not pushing mine though now as I have had my DLA extended to end of Feb 2015.
Not sure who you can complain to to be honest they do t give you that information.
Try not to stress about it in the next couple of weeks I know this is easier said then done.
I have read stories that people are being turned down as they can walk or use a microwaves!! Which isn't really right as microwave meals are not healthy.
You say you and husband work I wish I could.
Sorry I have gone of the point you was making!!
I wish you luck in your assessment.
Lisa x
padders
UKFM Member

Postby 6611160 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:10 am

Thanks for the reply Lisa. I know there are loads of fibro sufferers that can no longer work, but me still being able to is more through my own bl**dy mindedness & stupidity than anything else. Even my GP & physio are astounded that I still manage. However mortgages don't pay themselves & I'm determined to keep going as long as I can.

I hope you get an appointment for assessment soon & don't get messed about

Anne xx
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Good luck I hope you get your appointment through soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby leetankers » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi Anne as you can hold down a job why would you need to claim any other benefits?Think of yourself as being one of the very fortunate ones who can work and enjoy yourself.If however you are having a really tough time then I do sympathise with you and if you really do need the extra money then you should apply.Whatever you do I wish you well and the Atos people are really friendly and do a fantastic job in my opinion so you needn,t worry at all......Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:25 pm

leetankers wrote:Hi Anne as you can hold down a job why would you need to claim any other benefits?Think of yourself as being one of the very fortunate ones who can work and enjoy yourself.If however you are having a really tough time then I do sympathise with you and if you really do need the extra money then you should apply.Whatever you do I wish you well and the Atos people are really friendly and do a fantastic job in my opinion so you needn,t worry at all......Lee

Pip (as was dla) is payable whether you are working or not. I too work part time, and currently on dla (get reassessed for pip in Dec). However, if it wasn't for the extras that my dla pays for I would not be able to work (IE I can't travel by public transport so depend on my car, also dla pays for private medication and therapies to control my pain levels enough to allow me to work). Yes I more fortunate than others that I manage to work 3 days a week... But I also suffer a lot more for doing so, and come home from work and straight to bed most nights xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Hazel and thanks for your reply.While I do agree with some of your points about needing the money to pay for extra expenses I can,t help but think that surely it must be the people that are totally unable to work who must be given priority to benefits.At least you have some quality of life in being able to work whereas others aren,t capable of any work so can,t earn any money.That is just my opinion and I am not saying that it,s right.....Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby 6611160 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 am

leetankers wrote:Hi Hazel and thanks for your reply.While I do agree with some of your points about needing the money to pay for extra expenses I can,t help but think that surely it must be the people that are totally unable to work who must be given priority to benefits.At least you have some quality of life in being able to work whereas others aren,t capable of any work so can,t earn any money.That is just my opinion and I am not saying that it,s right.....Lee

Leetankers, how dare you be judgemental about me claiming for this whilst I am still working! That is NOT what this forum is about, we are supposed to support each other. I work extremely hard, yes, I am lucky that I can still hold down a job, but that is only because I have a very understanding manager that has allowed me to put a high level of flexibility around my attendance, reduced my travel needs to customer sites, and understands when I get emotional, or if I am having a particularly bad day & can't make it in. I do home working as well as an office based job. This benefit is called 'Personal Independance Payment', they key word being INDEPENDANCE. That is what I am trying to maintain, my independance, so that I CAN continue to work. I cannot use public transport, so I have to use a car for work. I cannot drive a manual car as I have issues with my left leg, so I have to pay extra for an automatic. I cannot get in & out of low cars, so find it hard to get a car that words for my back problems that doesn't cost the earth. When I get home from work, I am so exhausted & in pain that I can't cook or do the housework. I cannot walk much so have had to self fund a mobility scooter or I become isolated from society.

Please don't judge others, I certainly try not to, and I expect the same from others on this forum.

Anyway, back to why I logged on today......

Capita have canceled on me a third time, and now don't have any appointments available for another 4 weeks!! Getting really stressed out over this now, which is causing me more pain, and yes Leetakers, that DOES impact my ability to work!
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:42 pm

There shouldn't be any more issues relating to leetankers. Should anyone have an issue with a post or topic, please report to either Denys, *Lisa* or myself and we'll have a look into things and deal with it accordingly.

All I can really suggest is contacting Capita. As them about about how many times a cancellation made by them will be acceptable compared to the number of times a client can cancel/rearrange an appt and for this to be sent to you in writing. Also ask about their process for submitting a grievance/complaint, ideally quoting what their policy has said, as well as showing where they have failed to comply with their own policy.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rich44 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:49 am

I'd also add, get on to your MP about this. They can be really useful.

Found myself out of work few years ago 16 weeks of signing on not a penny. No one at DWP could tell me when I would get it, got on to MP he had it sorted in 24 hours.

Good luck
rich44
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits