blue badge if not on benefits?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: blue badge if not on benefits?

Postby rich44 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Yeah def I had a colleague who had a back op and they gave him one for 8 weeks. I might have a go now tbh
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:13 pm

I got my Blue Badge before I had my DLA decision 4 years ago. I was working full time and the council made the decision based on how I was when I went to apply, but I think it is up to them whether you can get one without receiving benefits or having higher rate mobility, which I now have.
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby Hannah24 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi,

I think your question has been answered by everyone else but I'd just like to make you aware that you can still recieve certain benefits e.g. PIPS (even if you work full time). My husband is registered blind and works full time. He recieves high mobility DLA and medium care DLA. I have had to go part time but my assessor was very supportive that I worked despite the struggle with my disability.

If you do get the PIPS you can also get a disability element to working tax - and an extra severe disability element as well if you recieve the highest level care.

I can understand that you may choose not to apply for what ever reason. I know that it has been hard for me to accept and at a young age but I think it's important to know that the option to apply is always there despite your courage and determination to continue in employment.

Good luck with the blue badge! xxx
Hannah24
UKFM Member

Postby aziriphale » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Diane64, I am in scotland and got a blue badge before i was on benefits as long as your doctor is supportive it shouldn't be an issue
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 am

thanks every one for your replies - very interesting and helpful :-D

I'll certainly give it more of a serious think now.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:15 pm

I've got a blue badge, no benefits although have applied for pip. I just explained that it was needed more for the space around the car (use crutches).
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits