pip

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pip

Postby Leannellie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi all. Well after first applying in Nov 2013 I had my assessment 2 weeks ago. I called dwp today to inform them that I had been to o/t and was told they had made a decision last week!!! I was told by atos assessor to allow 4_6 weeks to hear. Anyway I have been awarded both at enhanced. I fully expected to have to appeal reading everyone else's stories. Relief doesn't even come close. Hope this brings some positivity to others waiting. It would seem at last that they are taking fibromyalgia seriously.
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Re: pip

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 pm

What fantastic news for you :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Every positive outcome we hear about helps keep that little glimmer going for others who are, or considering making a claim :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Librarychick » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Really happy for you. 'M still waiting or mine. Applied January.
Librarychick
UKFM Member

Postby sue66 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:14 pm

so pleased for you Leannellie x
my dla runs out in feb next year and im dreading the new pip but your story gives me hope x
sue66
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you. I cried when I heard. The lady who assessed me was really nice. I'd got myself so worked up reading others horror stories. I now can get someone to come in an clean the house instead of relying on my poor overworked husband.
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Leannellie wrote:I now can get someone to come in an clean the house instead of relying on my poor overworked husband.

And I bet it make a wonderful difference for both of you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Having someone do even the smallest thing can help in so many ways :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Birdlady01 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Well done glad you got it my dla is due for renewal august next yr
Birdlady01
UKFM Newbie

Postby Paisleyjane » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:35 pm

Really good news. I too was dreading the assessments, but they went OK and I got PIP. Perhaps the tide is turning?
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby Shazzie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:12 pm

I got my pip too yesterday after 10 month waiting, so relieved its over i got enhanced in both parts plus the back pay was in my bank today , i cried too when i read the letter i could of ran around the house if i wasnt in so much pain lol :-D
Shazzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby mariamsk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:24 am

Wow I've heard many positive things about Capita. Well done at the moment I applied in September, saw Capita last week am hoping & praying I'm successful. You take care, All the best. :-D
mariamsk
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Brilliant news for all of you that have had your awards through great to hear good news :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Purpledot » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:58 pm

That's fantastic news everybody! :welldone:

I applied for PIP at the beginning of the year, and had a letter 2 weeks ago saying that they had now received the reports they had requested (I think these were from my Neuro and physio, and possibly my GP but not sure about that) and that they would be making a decision soon.

Well, today I have received a huge lump sum into my bank account, ref DWP PIP, but have had no further correspondence from them. I am assuming that I have been awarded at least something and this is the back pay from when my SSP ended. I haven't had an assessment, so am assuming the reports gave them enough information.

I'm expecting a letter on Monday with their detailed decision.

I can now get a cleaner in once a week, which will make my life so much better. Poor overworked hubby is struggling with being self-employed and doing everything around the house - this will make so much difference to our lives. :-D
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:00 pm

.............one quick question - I am still awaiting a decision on ESA. Does being awarded PIP mean I am more likely to get ESA or are they not related in any way?

Also, I have generally got worse since I originally applied for ESA. Should I contact them and let them know this.....at least then I could drop into conversation about the PIP (and the ~Blue Badge!) ;-)
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 am

Great news purple dot, not sure about telling them about a worsening condition they may tell you to reapply :-? :-? :-? :-? others might have more knowledge than me, but you could ring and tell them about your award and ask if they know what stage your ESA application is at :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Purpledot » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Had a letter this morning, saying I have been awarded the standard rate for Daily Living and the enhanced rate for Mobility....hence the large back payment! This has been awarded until the end of 2016, but the letter says they will contact me in December 2015 to make sure I'm receiving the correct amount. I wonder if that is a typo, or is that standard practice??

The letter states that the decision was made from the information provided in the form I filled in and from a report from my physio.

Very relieved. :-)

Just need to get the ESA sorted now :waiting:
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits