Pip, reassesing

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pip, reassesing

Postby aziriphale » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:14 pm

So I got awarded this a while back on the middle rate, nothing for mobility because despite me being unable to walk at times I got a taxi back from the assessment because my friend had to leave for work, not quite sure what they expected me to do

a few weeks back I got another form, for reassessment finally managed to fill it in and send it back this week took me a while because i was unable to get anyone to come round and help me, but i digress do they always do a medical ? or would my previous medical be enough for them to go on
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Re: Pip, reassesing

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:41 pm

The need for a face~to~face assessment does seem to depend on the amount of info and evidence DWP have in relation to a claim. Enclosing as much evidence as you can to support your claim could mean that you don't have to undergo another one, but DWP do tend to do things in their own inimitable way, so there is always the possibility lurking around that you could have to attend one.

Sorry I can't give you a more definite Yes or No answer :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rich44 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:10 pm

If I were you if they do, this time demand a home visit they can't use your travelling against you then and I'd ask for it to be recorded too
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:50 pm

rich44 wrote:If I were you if they do, this time demand a home visit they can't use your travelling against you then and I'd ask for it to be recorded too

As there has been mentions of recording the assessments and them being carried out at home, on a couple of other topics, I thought this might be of some use
FluppyPuffy wrote:.....there is no legal right to have an assessment recorded, and neither DWP or Atos have a legal obligation to provide either a recording service or equipment for recording.

A claimant's own equipment can be used for recording an assessment, but in such situations, the claimant must be able to produce a full and accurate copy of the recording for the Atos Healthcare Professional at the end of the assessment.

If someone does request to use their own equipment, it must be able to provide 2 copies of the recording which ensures that the recording has not been tampered with, as well as being an accurate and reliable record of the assessment.

FluppyPuffy wrote:If unfit to travel, a request can be made for the assessment to take place at home. This can be arranged if the assessment provider agrees that it's necessary.

DWP guidance suggests that the assessment provider should consider a home assessment if it can be shown that home visits from the GP are the norm for the claimant.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rich44 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:03 pm

The current policy for audio-recording of face-to-face assessments is to offer a limited service whereby DWP has asked Atos Healthcare, where possible, to accommodate requests for audio-recorded face-to-face assessments, when they are made in advance of the assessment. Claimants can request that their assessment is recorded, either by using the service offered by DWP/Atos Healthcare or by using their own recording equipment so long as they fulfil certain conditions (set out below). However, there is no legal right to an audio recorded assessment and it should be noted that neither DWP nor Atos Healthcare has a legal obligation to provide an audio recording service or equipment.

Approved media are standard CD and audio tapes only. Certain computing devices that are capable of real-time editing or live- streaming are not approved as these devices that cannot provide a media copy that can be easily verified straight after the assessment. These include but are not limited to;

• PCs and laptops,
• Tablets and smart phones,
• MP3 players
rich44
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits