ESA Support Group

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA Support Group

Postby robbiecramp » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:39 pm

I am so happy I had to attend a medical July 29th after they cancelled my other one and where I am it's on the 5th floor but has a lift but round the corner and I would say 20 yards to corner and 100 yards to another door which used to be the old DHSS main office there is a medical room and I was sent there without me saying a word. everything was going getting round there and did have to stop as had initially walked from the bus stop at top end of town to get there even downhill was a struggle so finally gets in there she asks me a few questions then did a physical examination but did not move me asked me to push on here hands lift arms up and lift legs up wit her holding them all things that caused me great discomfort and pain and she saw that and the pain I was on arrival and stopped the examination and told me she would read the extra evidence I had presented her one being from Physiotherapist at hospital and also occupational health at hospital and a letter from a colleague of mine who I used to work with and she has another job but we occasionally meet up for lunch where bless her she comes picks me up and brings me home only friend who does it. Anyway bit fretful as she promised me she would read those documents but she was generally sympathetic and seemed to know what she was doing and 20 days later brown envelope arrives in Support Group was so relieved bit of back pay so am taking my daughter somewhere with my dad as he drives at the weekend
My initial reaction to my dad was only till they send fr me again anybody knows when that is as know a couple of months ago they were not reassessing current claimants for 2 years but does it apply to claimants who have just been assessed
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: ESA Support Group

Postby lolabolla » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Firstly...... :woot:

I have been in the support group for almost three years.

I first had my messical with Atos 18 months ago and I requested that they record it.

The examiner was very nice and did not do a physical examination, he did not ask me to do any physical activities either :-D

when I was awarded support group I immediately phoned DWP and asked for a copy of the award and also asked how long the award was for. (2 Years)

I received my last ESA50 in December last year and was awarded support group again for two years without having to go through another messical.

I would advise everyone to do loads of research, be prepared well in advance, don't wait for the nasty brown envelope to appear before you do anything, read this forum and maybe subscribe to Benefits and Work.

Once again well done

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Thank you Lola I will call them tomorrow

Robbie
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Forgot to mention, everyone should request to have the assessment recorded.

The examiner is more likely to be truthful when he knows it's all on record ;-)

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Great news so glad to hear you had a successful examination :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby robbiecramp » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:47 pm

I enquired today about the length of the award I only have 12 months but have also asked for the medical report as this may help my PIP medical when it finally arrives
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits