my story so far PIP ***Groan*** continued :(

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: my story so far PIP ***Groan*** continued :(

Postby sillyweehaggis » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:30 pm

I have alot of other health problems...heart problems...ibs...mental health to name a few i had full backing from numerous consultants my gp and my psychologist on the day i was unable to do ANYTHING just like everyother day but was made to feel a fool! Belittled and felt ridiculed like i was being dishonest! I hope yours comes quick and you have a great assesor, i first applied at the start of the year feb i had to threaten them with my local mp to get an app was told id only get a home assesment if i was terminally ill! Whole situation has been a joke i really hope your experience goes better than mine, thank you for your reply and all the best with your assessment X
sillyweehaggis
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sallyann » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 pm

It too me five months to get to assessment stage after applying - it then took another 11 months for them to make a decision which was fortunately in my favour.

This may seem a silly question but you are presenting them with a 'worse case' scenario aren't you? I was told by a friend who is an Occupational Therapist, that if they know that you have 'good days' they will focus more on those than on the bad when you really need the help.

Good Luck Both
Sallyann
UKFM Newbie

Postby sillyweehaggis » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi yes myself and my husband were very open and honest at how difficult things are with my mobility issues etc even when it was embarrasing i cannot wait to see what the woman who done the assessment has written after we left as she was very unprofessional, i can see now why people just give up when it is made so difficult to get the help you need, i think i will be asking for them to look at my case again and if they still award 0 i will appeal the desicion just hit me like a tonne of bricks i rarely make it out of the top floor of our home never mind outside just cannot believe it xx
sillyweehaggis
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sallyann » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this hun, it is attrocious they way they treat people. I have been told that I was fortunate to have Capita do my assessment. Even though their reputation is not good, it is apparently a damn site better than that of Atos.

I got some tips from a group (on Facebook) called Fightback before I filled in my form. They have now grown considerably since I first started reading their forums so check them out - they may be able to help. They do now have their own legal team who may be able to represent you at appeal. It doesn't hurt to check them out.

Hope you get on better with your appeal

Sallyann xx
Sallyann
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:36 pm

I told them i was too unwell to travel to the center for a medical and they sent a lovely Doctor out, who was also very helpful and could see that life was just awful.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:00 pm

sillyweehaggis

I am sorry you been subjected to that treatment I would put everything down that was wrong with that assessment and then go through each section and seek professional help CAB, Employment Workers Centre or your local County Authority who can get in touch with Social Services and they can perform a Community Care Assessment

I am waiting on mine and when I rang Atos in March was told it has been sent to a decisions area as it was identified as having high support needs. then thought ok, phone them in a month only to receive a form rom DWP saying we are sorry we have not received your PIP application back, do you wish to continue. please fill this form attached and send it back.

I was straight on phone and after two'ing and throwing 3 times, finally got a call back from an Atos Manager who explained everything and was really nice. She said ' We did receive your paperwork from DWP and then they withdrew it which surprised us as it did indeed have a high support requirement.' well that was enough to call DWP back, for the person from the call centre pretending to be a DWP worker, telling me ATOS can withdraw applications and I responded explaining that it was DWP decision to withdraw it, and from what ATOS have told me it had high support triggers attached to it and they certainly would not do that. but yes I will be sending forms back today exactly same as you got in Feb and I want it backdating to January 16th when first rang.

Then he dropped himself in it I cant authorise a backdated decision and I said well send a email to DWP and get them to call me back so I can get some proper answers and within 15minutes they rang back and confirmed that it would be backdated
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: my story so far PIP ***Groan***

Postby denys » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:57 am

Sillyweehaggis I have merged your two posts together as they are on the same subject and things get confusing as members think they have replies to you and then read the same thing over again, its always best to keep things together
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zappa20 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:16 am

Bit confused here. Have you asked them for a Mandatory Reconsideration. This is the next stage when you don't agree with the initial decision, and you only have 30 days to send in any supporting reports or details you want them to reconsider? If the decision isn't overturned at this point the next appeal stage is a Tribunal.

If you're still putting your MR appeal together it's important to paint a picture in each descriptor /question you feel you fit, so that a new DM reading it can fully understand what difficulties you have with each of the activities. You can use Problems you face from your daily life as examples. And don't ramble or put in irrelevant information as it just clouds the important issues for the person reading it. Along with copies of any medical supporting documents you have which relate to what you've said. And ensure it is returned within the time frame and by some form of recorded delivery .

From what I've read many people who ask for a MR and do the above and give a fuller picture of their problems, how often they happen etc seem to get a result.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Roger Rabbit » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:41 am

Have you ever thought of writing to your local MP by e-mail?

Give them the basic facts of your illness and what has happened.

I know from experience that MP's will take up your claim, that takes the pressure of you, they do it all for you.

In most parts, you will be amazed what you get awarded and and the speed of how it happens.

Good Luck
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby mary251 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:02 am

Gentle hugs to you, hun. Unfortunately, nothing surprises me with atos any more, and yet my urge to slap them senseless grows every day.

Do you have a benefits advocate? I would get some help proceeding with the appeal from one, as the stress is going to do you no good at all, and they know how to deal with these people. The CAB have some excellent advisors, as does Mind. Also, go back and let your doctor know what happened. They should be ad to put a letter together explaining why this decision is whoring from a medical perspective, and try to get them to include the affect this whole claim/refusal experience has had on you from both a physical and mental health perspective.

Good luck!
mary251
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:45 am

I agree do get your MP involved they can often work quite a bit of magic with these things.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:10 pm

I must admit the more I read post's like this the more worried and stressed I get, a little about me
I have heart disease,diabetes,fibro,depression/personality disorder, gastro problems, left ankle pinned and plated after a bus ran over it.
2 years ago my wife of 13 years left me, I have 2 sons one 14 lives with me and is classed as a young carer the other 8 lives with his mum except weekend when he stays with me.

my DLA ran out last september and I reclaimed but they sent me the pip form instead, I also get help from my best friend and cousin, I have been assessed by social services, assigned an OT who has had a downstairs toilet fitted for me. social services round here can't help me much as my son can cover anything they would normally do but they do support me and signed my pip form.
it's now been 11 months since my claim started, CAB phoned ATOS 7 weeks ago demanding to know why I have not been sent for, the same day ATOS phoned me with an appointment, but as we where on the phone the appointment was taken ? I have not heard anything since, 12 weeks ago I got a "superbug" which started eating my right arm away, within 8 hours i was rushed to HDU where an hour after frantic work by doctors I had renal failure along with septicemia, and died but due to the fantastic staff they resuscitated me and kept me alive, i was on around 14 litres a day of antibiotics, 4 different types.

I survived and am lucky to be here, my medication is a joke and my GP (who used to do dss medicals) said my script should on it's own get me accepted. i'm on around 300 tablets a week, 2 injections every day, opiate painkillers. most of my life as it was has gone, all my hobbies except photography, doing things with the kids.
social services said the fitting of the new toilet should also help my case as it's not something they do lightly,
my life is miserable, the pain brings tears to a once fit body builder, I didn't drink and I was happy, then I got sick, my wife wanted her freedom from the burden and to screw around like she did when we first met :nono: she tried to push me over the edge mentally after she left which she admitted to but it backfired and now our 14 yo son has nothing to do with her but ultimately it's me who has had to bear the brunt and keep going, I don't even have good days anymore, I cry because i'm in constant pain both physical and emotional, iv'e been through hell, i get very emotional and I am scared of the assessment even though everyone says i have nothing to worry about, but reading post's like this I clearly have got concerns :roll:
I won't even look for a new girlfriend because I don't see how anyone would wan't me even though I look 40 (i'm 53) and all my female friends tell me I am a one in a million and nothing like most men I wouldn't want to be a burden :oops:

right now I just wan't to get this over with, if I get the pip they will owe me over £5k in back pay although no doubt i won't see it all for some obscure reason
thanks for reading my rant
Keith
NEVER EVER GIVE UP OR IT'S ALL OVER
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Keith

So sorry to read how bad your health is. I understand about the whole being a burden thing but the positives you could bring into someone's life could easily outweigh any sort of potential burden.

Try not to worry about the medical it won't help you to focus on it and there are people who get their award without any aggro, afterall we really only hear about the horror stories and they tend to stick in the mind.

You're in the right place here for any support you need, is there a local fibromyalgia group you could go to, you might make some new friends?

Good luck with everything let us know how you get on.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:24 am

Keith someone on FB stated they had just been accepted and had their back payment, it was for 7 thousand so there is hope for you.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:57 am

Taz wrote:I must admit the more I read post's like this the more worried and stressed I get.......right now I just wan't to get this over with.

Keith, try to bear in mind that for every nightmare scenario we hear about, there will be a number of claims that go thru smoothly with a successful outcome. Unfortunately the ones we tend to hear the most about are ones like the OP experienced.

Reading what you have said here, and from what I can recall about your previous posts, you make a few mentions of your positive attributes, yet instead of them having a chance to shine thru, they seem to be choking in all the blackness swirling around things.

I do believe it is possible to find companionship and love after experiencing bad relationships. It was how I met my OH, and it happened at a time when the last thing on my mind was another relationship as I had only recently managed to escape from a very abusive one. He was happy to take things at a pace that suited me, and never pressurised me in any way to speed things up or do what I wasn't comfortable with just because he was wanting something to happen. When symptoms began appearing and worsening he was by my side, even tho I gave him many, many chances to "Get Out Of Jail Free" and he still is today.

We've been together over 19 years now, and have an 18 year old offspring. Things haven't been entirely smooth sailing, yet whatever comes, he's there with me, hand~in~hand, and we rid things out together. So don't give up hope, learn to love yourself for who you are, warts, wobbly bits and all, and whatever is meant to happen will take place :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits