Waiting for an appeal date- how long roughly?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Waiting for an appeal date- how long roughly?

Postby bouncer0304 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:44 pm

As it says, how long should it roughly take? The guy on the phone said under the old system it was 6 months max but on my letter, it states there could be delays and he had no idea too. I've already sent everything up to fightback and to be honest, while they do charge a fee if you win, i'd rather it be handled by people who know what to do. My doctor is still signing me off sick but now apparently i can get 6 month sick notes which will be much better in the long run. Also, they received my appeal on 21/08 via signed for delivery and they said it would take 6 working days to kick in- does that mean that's when they'll pay me from? Still learning as i go along. Thanks!
bouncer0304
UKFM Member

Re: Waiting for an appeal date- how long roughly?

Postby padders » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi
What benefit have you applied for PIP or ESA? Are you in either of them now?
If you are not on any at the moment and win your appeal they will back pay you to original date of first claim but not till you win.
If you are on these benefits now they stop payments from date of original decision but again if you win the appeal they backdate it again to original application.
Fight back are excellent but not sure you give them money if you win, it is all donations. They will also come to your appeal with you if they are given enough notice.
Not sure if this helps
Lisa
padders
UKFM Member

Postby di doc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:05 pm

I waited 9 weeks for my esa reconsideration and have now been waiting 4weeks so far for my appeal
di doc
UKFM Member

Postby bouncer0304 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi,

It's for ESA. I'm going onto appeal rate, hopefully get paid soon. With fightback, they do take a small part of the back pay but it goes towards other cases (says in the contract you sign with them so it's all legal) but as i said i don't mind since if they can change it before going to a hearing then that'll save the stress of me going to court. Just taking it one step at a time.
bouncer0304
UKFM Member

Postby Lynn51 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi new to this site can I ask how do you get in touch with fightback
Lynn51
UKFM Newbie

Postby gilld » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 pm

google fightback4justice. they are handling my appeal and coming with me
gilld
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits