PIP appointment letter just arrived

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP appointment letter just arrived

Postby DebiP10 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm

After 5 months wait ive received my appointment letter today for my assessment on 11th Sept. I have no idea how they expect me to get to this assessment centre it is miles away from my home ( 10 min walk to public transport, 15-20 min train journey followed by a 20 min bus ride, this doesnt include any standing around waiting for this transport) There is no way i could even manage the first part of this so what can i do? I feel sick at the thought of it all :( x
DebiP10
UKFM Member

Re: PIP appointment letter just arrived

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Can you contact your local hospital transport dept they might be able to help you out or are there any local transport places run by volunteers?
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Lynsey Drewitt » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:19 pm

You should give them a ring and take your letter to your GP to get a request for a home visit. That's what I have done xx
Lynsey Drewitt
UKFM Newbie

Postby Hellyn » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Is there no patient volunteer transport? we have that here in devon. You can do a cab and get the £ back as well, all transport costs are refundable, but i realise the layout is costly for low income.
I understand the long trek, I have mine next week as well. I have planned to stay at a friends who is driving me in and will be with me during the 'interview interrogation'...making my way the day before at my leisure.

Makes the mind boggle making disabled people make such a journey, why they can't do home visits is beyond me if you already get ESA support group, think it would be sensible, no?

Make your way and just collapse at their feet literally.......good luck pet.xx
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:35 pm

The Norwich centre made me laugh, 2nd floor no lift!!

You couldn't make it up. Oooh we're going to be assessing sick & disabled people where should we rent an office? Oh a building with no lift, genius. That way anyone who makes it to the office will have failed their medical.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Lynn51 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:15 am

Get in touch with the pip people they can arrange taxi for you they advised me this or a letter from your dr to say you dont go out and they will get a dr to come to your home good luck
Lynn51
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dawn76 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Not sure how to post on here as new. My letter for pip assessment just arrived, at the same time they phoned me and gave me an interview over the telephone. Does anyone know why I had to have a phone interview before my face to face in 2 weeks? Really worried. :)
Dawn76
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits