OMG

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

OMG

Postby lolabolla » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:50 pm

I completed my renewal for DLA in August and have just received confirmation that I have been awarded High rate mobility component and High rate care component indefinitely.

Obviously I know that indefinitely only applies until PIP is rolled out in my area of the woods.

I am so chuffed because I was hoping for mid rate care as I am currently on low rate care and high mobility.

Never in a million years could I have imagined that I would be awarded high rate care :crazy:

I was prepared for another tribunal, I lost my last one recently, I asked for a change of circumstances but at tribunal I was kept on the old rate.

I found the Benefits and Work site really helpful and the Consumer Action Group and of course this marvellous site.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: OMG

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Wow congratulations
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Storm » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:00 pm

I sent off my review pack a month ago and I'm still waiting to hear back
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby Lynn51 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Please help me then been threw off it had appeal and lost can no longer worked and nothing so well done you
Lynn51
UKFM Newbie

Postby marie marrison » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I am so please for you I have been for my medical with capita today for the pip, the lady was lovely and understanding but I was very emotional when she ask the questions which lasted 3/4 of a hour and 15 minutes medical. I cried most of the way back home and went to bed this afternoon due to the pain all through my body, so to all of you ladies and gentleman be ready for the new PIP. :(
marie marrison
UKFM Member

Postby Hannah24 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi,

Congratulations! I bet that is a real relief. When you do change over to PIPS it will be a lot harder for them to giver you a lower rate as well. More to argue with it need be. x
Hannah24
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:46 am

:-? Can I apply for higher rate Care from DLA then? I am so confused by how all this works.
My condition has deteriorated drastically since I was first awarded high rate motability and low rate Care.
I can no longer dress myself or do any bending or lifting Neither can I walk.

I should really be grateful if anyone could tell me where to apply for an upgrade(touch wood) as I'm going to need far more care than before.

I'm 64 so work is not an issue. I just don't know how all you brave people manage to hold down a job. Bravo to you all. But I don't know whether to apply for PIP or DLA

:) Thanks in anticipation.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Flippy22 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 am

Can I ask what type of things you included I have just sent off my DLA review form but didn't get any help annd didn't know about those sites you mentioned. Guessing I will get nothing
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:43 am

Hi Tally1066

If you have a change of circumstances due to you needing extra care through the night and day, it is possible to ask for a reconsideration at any time throughout your present award of DLA.

But please beware.......... I did this in 2012 as my care needs had increased. I had to fill in another form which ultimately led to a tribunal last year where I was still awarded HRM and LRC.

The tribunal was extremely distressing, I had no idea that it would be so dreadful. You are made to feel a fraud and the questioning is horrendous.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:52 am

Flippy22 wrote:Can I ask what type of things you included I have just sent off my DLA review form but didn't get any help annd didn't know about those sites you mentioned. Guessing I will get nothing

All I can say is read the sites mentioned and include terms such as 'I am unable to do this without help', I need help to do this' it would not be safe for me to do this' and keep on reiterating these terms throughout the form.

It may look like you are repeating everything but this what the decision makers are looking for.

Type into Mr Google DLA form example, you should come up with one or two 'hits' where you can view a completed application.

If you fail this time you must contact them for a reconsideration and be prepared to go to tribunal if necessary.

I too did not have any help completing my form but I will when it comes to PIP.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Flippy22 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:24 am

Thanks hun and i'm pleased for you. I hate saying congratulations to people when the have been awarded what is rightfully theirs. It sounds like they've won a prize or something rather than had their rights recognised if you know what I mean.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:57 am

Flippy22 wrote:Thanks hun and i'm pleased for you. I hate saying congratulations to people when the have been awarded what is rightfully theirs. It sounds like they've won a prize or something rather than had their rights recognised if you know what I mean.

LOLA....I also am pleased for you. I agree with floppy about congratulating you. It does sound like you won a prize, when it is rightfully yours.

When I finally got my 100% disability and 100% pay I was so relieved. Shocked when I got interest and back pay for 10 years. I was making excellent money and when that 6 figure cheque came a huge weight of stress was lifted. I also received another cheque as I was injured at work and that started this message. The amount, I really didn't care about as much as the fact I won, I was believed. The same feelings as when the diagnosis was made.

It was then that the comments came, especially from family. What are you going to do with this found money. You were lucky to get that award, I don't know why and so much. The comments got quite rude and made me feel guilty, as though I was taking their money.

What they conveniently forgot was that I had no income for 10 years. We lost a lot in that time. It wasn't a gift or a lottery winning. It was money owed to me. Money that was taken away, stolen.

For those of you still fighting, I know it is hard. Don't give up, just keep presenting the truth, no embellishments, just medical facts.

Lola, Enjoy what was and is rightfully yours....Xx
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tally1068 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks lola :-)
I am a bit reluctant to apply, both for the reason you put (it would have to be a home assessment as I cant even sit in a wheelchair lately, it plays havoc with my shoulders.)

But also, when this Care package was arranged back in December, they said it would be for six weeks and then they would assess my income. (My Mum had to pay for her Care) I've rung them up and explained but they have a long backlog...surprise, surprise.. and assured me I wouldn't be hit with a humungous bill when they finally catch up with me.
So I'm probably best to keep stum until I get my bill. I pay someone to come in and be my arms and legs which helps but every time I drop anything I cant reach with my grabber I'm stymied until someone comes in.

:-D My Carers are dab hands at crawling on their hands and knees to get stuff from under the bed.
I think this one needs mulling over.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:32 am

Tally1068 wrote:Thanks lola :-)
I am a bit reluctant to apply, both for the reason you put (it would have to be a home assessment as I cant even sit in a wheelchair lately, it plays havoc with my shoulders.)

But also, when this Care package was arranged back in December, they said it would be for six weeks and then they would assess my income. (My Mum had to pay for her Care) I've rung them up and explained but they have a long backlog...surprise, surprise.. and assured me I wouldn't be hit with a humungous bill when they finally catch up with me.
So I'm probably best to keep stum until I get my bill. I pay someone to come in and be my arms and legs which helps but every time I drop anything I cant reach with my grabber I'm stymied until someone comes in.

:-D My Carers are dab hands at crawling on their hands and knees to get stuff from under the bed.
I think this one needs mulling over.

If you have a care package in place you should and you must apply DLA is not means tested. Your carers could add weight to your claim because they have first hand knowledge of your needs.

Due to your disabilities you can also insist on a home visit.

Lola xx

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks once again. This forum is a godsend as it is full of helpful people like you. It's much appreciated. :flowers:
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits