Had the boss on the phone

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Had the boss on the phone

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 pm

You shouldn't generalise across education either. That's where I work.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 pm

All right education in this County :p
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 am

Your experience cannot be extrapolated across all education in the UK.

I really hope people don't feel put off from a conversation about settlement agreements because of this thread.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:44 am

Zia2014 wrote:I really hope people don't feel put off from a conversation about settlement agreements because of this thread.

I don't think they will. The majority are aware that such things are mostly used in the correct/most suitable way for the particular situation, often without it being public knowledge. The times they do tend to come to light are the situations where someone "goes public" often with allusions to the fact that things were maybe not quite as suggested by official explanations and sources.

If someone were to express any concerns about such agreements, we'd direct them to what you have said about how they should, and mostly are used/applied from your experiences and knowledge.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:45 am

Neither can yours assuming you haven't worked everywhere which would be quite an achievement!

I've worked for 3 County councils and my experience stands, I also said that is not their only use and I also said in my experience.

If anyone is put of their use because of this thread then they need to get their eyes tested too.

At no point have I said that is their only use and I also said it was the route I was hoping to go down, suggest you hop off your high horse and reread.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:02 am

Oh honestly rich, there's no need for that. High horse? I am merely trying to balance you're skewed view of what SAs are for (based on your experience, which is unfortunate for you).

Let's go through this shall we:

"Neither can yours assuming you haven't worked everywhere which would be quite an achievement!" I have worked in lots of different organisations, been in HR for many years, belong to a national organisation with forums that discuss such matters, network, have many friends in HR in education and belong to an association that also covers such matters in education. I have also issued hundreds (probably upwards of 500) SAs and NOT ONE is for the reason you gave. So yes, I would say I have more experience that you even though you have worked in 3 county councils. And yes some of my friends work in local county councils and we share stories about that. So I can easily disprove that SAs are "usually" intended for such a purpose.

"I've worked for 3 County councils and my experience stands, I also said that is not their only use and I also said in my experience."

Your first post did not as you are well aware. Yes you backtracked, but still tried to argue that all education uses SAs in this way. As I think I have made very clear, they do not, I am in such an org at the moment and we would never use them in that way.

"If anyone is put of their use because of this thread then they need to get their eyes tested too." Lovely. Insulting people who might be worried? I have met many people who after reassurances know the SAs are not scary, in fact they can be wonderfully positive (eg. leaving with a lump sum you might not otherwise get), but they often go into these meetings terrified and that is perfectly understandable.

"At no point have I said that is their only use and I also said it was the route I was hoping to go down, suggest you hop off your high horse and reread." No high horse, just facts and calmly stating the facts. You are getting wound up about this but it is a support forum and as I've already said, I do not want people to be nervous about such things.

Anyway, I am going to unsubscribe to this thread because I have said all I needed to say, it's going round in circles and there is nothing rich can say that would change matters.

Having said that, I am happy for anyone who is thinking about taking a Settlement Agreement or has any questions to pm me, please, I really don't mind and am happy to help you.

Finally, thanks Fluppy. I know people can be put off by these things and appreciate your comments.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits