What to do and When?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What to do and When?

Postby GlamGran48 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello All

I've been on this site before a long long time ago ( 5 years ago I think ) so Hello again! lol.

My DLA is due to finish March 2015, at the moment I am on high rate both care and mobility. I also get ESA Support too which always comes up for assessment Nov/Dec every year and I've had that the last 2 years.

What do I need to do and when do I need to do it, with regards to applying for PIP? Like most people giving my car back in March would be horrendous for me, even though I don't use it much I still need it to get around when I can and wouldn't be able to replace it. Do I need to wait until Match 2015 to apply for PIP or do I need to apply sooner as I have heard waiting times are around 6 months plus.

Thank you

GG48
GlamGran48
UKFM Newbie

Re: What to do and When?

Postby Lynn51 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:56 pm

They will send out a new claim pack to update your claim but you could ring them and check with them
Lynn51
UKFM Newbie

Postby Flippy22 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:00 pm

From what I know. You have to wait for them to invite you to apply for PIP and they are well behind with moving people onto PIP so you may

be ok for another couple of years (best case senario). In some areas, if your DLA is due to end you will be invited to apply for PIP, in other

areas you will be sent another DLA form, so its pot luck.

With regards to your ESA, expect a form, but don't worry if it doesn't arrive when you expect it, as long as you are still being paid, don't

bother contacting them, because they have a back log in ESA aswell as PIP and you may not have to fill in a ESA50 for some months after

your due date. There was an internal memo some months back, saying they were suspending repeat assesments for ESA until, further

notice.

Hope that helps.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby lindauk1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:04 pm

they will get in touch with you about 4 months before your claim ends they will then sent you a claim pack and will pay you dla until they reach a decision on your claim so you will have to sent your claim on the time they give you mine finished september this year and im may sent me a letter to claim and are going to pay me till decision reached as they are behind with all claims
lindauk1
UKFM Member

Postby lynneann » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:06 pm

ur dla is extended until a pip decision is made, mine ran out in may was send claim back lst january no decision was made by may so they extended it till november to see its pip is awarded by then
lynneann
UKFM Newbie

Postby GlamGran48 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Thank you for your replies its appreciated. The ESA I wont push as even up till now they seem to take their time and I have to have home visits and they arent to quick to do them in this area.

So although my claim ends in March 2015 they may extend it if I have reapplied and they haven't managed to get to me yet? So does that also mean that mobility will let me keep my car till my claim has been decided also?

Also something else that concerns me with them letting me keep my car and benefits while they deal with my claim, is that I could end up owing them money while going through an appeal which will cause alot of stress and hardship.......
GlamGran48
UKFM Newbie

Postby robbiecramp » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi Glam

As far as I am aware you get DLA till they send you a pack through might be worth checking with CAB as may sound strange but if you call DWP they may send you one out and you could be waiting months.

As your ESA as someone mentioned there was a mention on a reputable website cannot remember but yes all existing ESA claims are not being recalled for medical for next 2 years. I unfortunately missed out as just myself been awarded Support Group but for only 12 months as was a new claimant

Hope it helps

Robbie
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby padders » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:33 am

Hi,
My DLA ran out July this year. It has been extended to end of Feb next year we will see if PIP is sorted by then. I rang mobility up and explained but they already new about backlog. They have extended my car lease until Feb next year as well. You must contact them I think at least 2 weeks befor lease due to run out if I remember correctly. All they did was send me new insurance documents to cover till Feb.
DLA will carry on being paid until PIP is sorted but be aware if it goes against you payments stop immediately even if you are appealing. If after you have appealed you win your money will be backdated to when your money was stopped. ESA I am not sure in how that works if they extended after claim runs out if not sorted, I hope not.
Good luck
Lisa x
padders
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits