ESA stopped!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA stopped!

Postby Limeade57 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:41 pm

I've just been informed via a phone call that my claim for income related ESA has been refused because of my occupational pension ! I half expected this decision, but it's still come as something of a shock as the future looked bleak enough :cry:
Linda
Limeade57
UKFM Newbie

Re: ESA stopped!

Postby Kimlh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:13 pm

My advice to you is to appeal, I had mine stopped last year and I appealed with the help of a local disability group and I won my appeal it took 4months and was a bit stressful at times but well worth the hassle now I have something to live on, they even back paid me so had a nice little bonus.
I just think that the more people that fight these people the sooner they will see that Fibro is real xx good luck and gentle (((((HUGS)))))
Kimlh
UKFM Newbie

Postby padders » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Hi
Sorry to hear about this decision. May be worth getting some advice to see if you can appeal against it. But as you say you have money coming in from your occupational pension so unfortunately that will be taken into account same as savings does. But as i say get hold of CAB they will be able to help you.
Good luck
Lisa x
padders
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:17 pm

If you are earning more from your pension then ESA then they will stop it. However you are allowed to have a certain amount of pension. I would ask for some facts and figures before you make an appeal.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits