Home Assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Home Assessment

Postby suecam » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:03 pm

I've just had a phone call from DWP to say they are coming out Thursday morning to do an assessment after I applied for PIP back in February. Does anyone have any advice for me, I'm now very anxious and will worry constantly over the next few days.
My husband says he will take the morning off his work to be with me for support but I'm worried they won't agree with me.
suecam
UKFM Member

Re: Home Assessment

Postby denys » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:07 pm

I have moved your topic into here as its a more appropriate board, 1st thing is to try to calm down as the stress is going to make you worse.

Its good that your hubby is going to be with you as he can listen to what is being said if things are missed out of the report etc. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it will all go right, but if not them you must appeal, ring them as soon as you get your decision letter to tell them and then gather up as much evidence as you can and submit it all.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hazely » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi check out fightback4justice on facebook they give hints on tips on assessments. hth and good luck
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi, I got told today that my date is the 26th (I applied in January!)

I completely understand your feeling anxious, we've waited all this time for this validation of our illness, and like you I'm scared to death I won't get it.... what to do with the care bills that have taken all our savings and eaten into credit cards.... :yikes:

Take care honey, let me know how you get on xxx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby Librarychick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:45 pm

I had my home assessment 2 weeks ago. I made sure I had things out that I use. Get your husband to prompt you. Best of all go to the address on Facebook below they will help.
Librarychick
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:56 pm

I have to go to my appointment, as i go to doctors appointments etc when I have to, my partners car isn't big enough to take both my indoor trolley and outdoor one, my scooter etc... should I take pictures? I also use things like sippy cups, special cutlery etc, should I photograph everything?
Last edited by zoomie on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby heatherjswiegers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Hello
I had an office visit. The lady was amazing. She was sympotheti, caring and really understanding. I just treated her like she knew nothing about my conditions, my pain and my life. I was awarded pip for fybro and carpal tunnel in both hands for 36 months.

I have also been awarded ESA for 36 months with out an assesment.

I have herd a lot of horror stories and I was extremely nervous and scared. I was very blessed to have had the assessors I have.

Good luck
heatherjswiegers
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Thank you for the positive post Heather, nice to hear about someone getting treated well and getting the award!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby suecam » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Thank you for all the responses, its such a daunting thing to go through. I've had three hideous assessments at ATOS so I'm not looking forward to this, I'll let you know how it goes!
suecam
UKFM Member

Postby Paisleyjane » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi, agree try not to worry. I found them very sympathetic. Just tell them how it is on the worst day. Do not say its not always this bad. It seems more and more the assessors know about fibro and its affects. Good luck, let us know how you get on x
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby suecam » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:57 am

Well today was the day of my assessment at home, or should have been. I received a call at 9.15 to say my 9am apt was cancelled as the healthcare professional was not available. It has now been re scheduled for the 29th at 11am. I read quiet a few posts from people saying Capita keep canceling their appointments so I shouldn't be surprised. I'm annoyed as it would have been good to be seen today, my feet are on fire and are so sore its extremely difficult to stand let alone walk. Everything has flarred up anyway which I'm putting down to stress, my husband is not happy to say the least, he took the morning off work despite the possibility he could be made redundant in the next four weeks so could have done without not going into work. What a farce this whole thing is. :-?
suecam
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:12 am

Sue, how annoying!

Have you had a look at the page advised earlier in the post? It's very informative. My app is before your new, a week tomorrow, yes, I'm getting too, pretty sure it's the anxiety over it all xx I will let you know how I get on xx
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby suecam » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:48 am

Hi zoomie, yes I did look at the page and I've had a good read through. Very informative. Fingers crossed for your appointment too!
suecam
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Sue - how did your home visit go?

I found my appointment very emotional, the assessor seemed nice, she looked like she was writing everything I said down, but who knows, I think it's a bit hit and miss. I'm getting ready to be refused and ready to appeal, that way I won't be too upset when the letter comes. The whole event caused a flare, how your ok xx
zoomie
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits