ESA assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA assessment

Postby Mazz64 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:23 pm

I had an ATOS assessment for 9am yesterday, we were running late due to traffic ,so phoned to say we would be 15 mins late, she said that's fine, we arrived at 09-20am, we booked in and waited .........and waited......and waited, we asked several times, what the delay was, 1: 3 members of staff didn't turn up...2 because I was having it recorded, it takes longer????( now the receptionist was really nice) lots of people got really cross and went home, I was told I could rearrange, but after driving for 2 hours to get there, I was not leaving without been seen, the receptions was phoning people due in, in the afternoon to ask them not to come....Anyway I was seen at 2-15 and got out at 3pm!!!! the assessment it's self was ok, but I won't hold my breath, I have had to go to tribunal the previous 2 times (which I won), so expecting the same this time, the whole thing is a shambles as we know already, it really needs to be sorted out. I have spent the day in bed recovering and things don't look any better for tomo. :mad:
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Re: ESA assessment

Postby migrembe » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:57 am

When you go to these assessments they look at lots of things including the fact that you can drive for four hours and then sit there all day! If i had done either of those things they would have had to carry me home and put me to bed. In fact driving for two hours i would have needed to go to bed. If you can drive for that amount of time and then sit for hours then why can't you work? That is what they are seeing and is the question they will be asking.

Although i do hope you get it because it is a win for all of us.

And for those who get out of bed and fancy themselves up for these medicals, and i am not saying you should go smelly, just think about what you are saying by all your preparation before you get there and how it looks to them.

Bev x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Mazz64 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 pm

migrembe: I find your tone a little offensive: My partner drove me to the appointment, and I reclined the seat when I needed to, we didn't wait in the reception all that time, we were lucky enough to get the one disable spot right outside the door (I have a blue badge) so we went to the car, where I had a nap for an hour, the receptionist came down to the car to relay information about what was happening, it took only 20 minutes to get home, as the journey there was in rush hour! My partner had taken the day off work to take me, he is self employed and can't afford to be taking days off and I had built my self up to go and didn't want to postpone it as it would cause me more stress in the long run. I didn't include this information in my previous post as I didn't want to bore you guys, with the ins and outs of it all.

I do have other medical conditions, which I don't discuss on here as this is a fibromyalgia site.
I didn't fancy my self up, I noticed a lot of people did, but that's their business, but I don't have the energy for that so i'm not sure why you put that in response to my post.

I know only too well what they look for before you even enter the building, I gave honest answers to the questions I was asked, I didn't exaggerate anything about my illnesses, even though I was advised to do so, if I don't win then I will go to tribunal, I know ATOS lie, but I refuse to lower my self to their standards.
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Mazz I hope you have a very positive outcome to your assessment :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mazz64 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks denys, I hope I will be spared a tribunal this time, if not the fight goes on!
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:24 am

You can be as offended as you like but the truth remains they will look at everything not just what you say on the day, but that said a victory for you is a victory for everyone with FM and your first post does not indicate anything about what you say in the second one. Also i as a staff nurse and i use to do medicals for insurance companies so i know what they are looking for.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:07 am

Try not to be offended it's easy to read things into posts that aren't there, if it's not the same person having a pop time after time then it's probably just b&w text with no body language to read.

It was a bit blunt but I don't think anything nasty was meant by it and the information is correct even the receptionist is reporting on you. Do you walk/stand altered gait, shuffle in the chair like you're in pain, read a magazine, did you open the internal doors yourself all these things go against you.

Read fightback they tell you all of these things and more and how to beat them. You almost have to become a caricature of yourself
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Mazz64 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Rich, My partner was with me and he done all that for me, because of back problems I had to keep standing and sitting ect, the thing is I'm not expecting to get enough points like the previous 2 times, so i'm ready for tribunal. if I do pass then that's great, I haven't got the energy to worry about it to be honest with you. I so wish I could go out to work and not have to go through this rubbish.

Take care
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits