PIP home assessment this Monday

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP home assessment this Monday

Postby Grannypants » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:36 pm

I got the call today from Capita that I have been dreading, my assessment is this Monday at my home at 9am. I was awarded DLA at the middle rate last August at a tribunal, having fought for 18 months. I now have to go through it all again and I am petrified. They haven't spoken to my gp or requested a report from him and I'm worried that without his input I will be turned down and I really can't go through that again. I feel physically sick.
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Re: PIP home assessment this Monday

Postby Joannee1969 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Please try not to worry i know it is hard i have been threw the same as you i had to go to an appeal for my DLA it took me 18 months,i won my appeal with the help of citizens advise only last year.
I am now having to also do my PIP and i have to go to them a week on friday and i am dreading it, These people make you feel like you are begging but it is not like that at all.My husband has said without the support and money we get from them we would not be able to cope with our disability as the money we receive helps us to be able to do things and get help we would not be able to get without it as we could not afford it.The assessors don't care about that though they have guild lines to follow and that is it,You have heard a lot of bad storys about people having a rough time with these people that is what I'm worried about how i will be treated and made to feel.
I worry about is how ill i will be on the day as when I'm stressed i am unable to function at all,my mobility is really poor and with the money i have i have been able to buy myself a mobility scooter that is a god send.
Just try your best to explain in as much detail as possible how your illness affects you,also if you have time see if you can get a representative from the C.A.B they are very helpful.
Also write down as much as you can before they arrive, If you are anything like me your memory is shot and when under stress you forget the most important things you need to remember.
Be confident in your answers in this country we have to fight for everything we get.Best of luck will be thinking of you on Monday,Take care and gentle hugs.
Joannee1969
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP home assessment this Monday

Postby Grannypants » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you are also going through this. Did you say you are going to them? I insisted on a home visit because I don't drive anymore and my partner didn't think he would get time off. Luckily my son will be here with me when they come. Before I sent the forms back I scanned them onto my laptop so I will be reading through them because they try to trip you up if you say anything that's not on the form. Unfortunately because of the way our local cab is funded I can't get any help from them because my partner works full time. I'm so annoyed at the fact they haven't spoken to my gp as he is the person who knows best how this affects me and he will back me up. The tribunal was awful and I sobbed my way through it so I'm dreading this person coming out. Good luck with yours, gentle hugs x
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits