laughable PIP report.....

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

laughable PIP report.....

Postby Hellyn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Greetings all,
Been reading through my PIP report this morning...apparently I can roll a ciggie unaided, take a card from my wallet, and use the internet...ta dah!

How observance can be turned against you. Though see stated she examined my range of movements...she didnt, that I preformed the serial seven confidently twice.(I must of been in another dimension), I got to 93..lol and no further. No mention of the cost of driving to the appointment to my pain levels, stated I attended the pain clinic fortnightly which I don't, understated the brain fog which is 24/7 to 2-3 times a week????, no mention of PAIN at all...interpreted my mental state as pleasant and appropriate??? what else would i be after self medicating with some herb as the pain killers leave me unable to drive the 63 mile round trip to the appointment which if I didn't go to they would punish me with a black mark...

Got all my diagnosis and operation dates wrong, she had no experience of Fibro, (occupational therapist) so I was on a loser from the start...

My son who was with me is gobbed smacked by the injustice of it, as he looks after me when I have a crisis....
so the reconsideration begins....what a farce

wish she had lived with me the last 4 days with a crisis...then she would get first hand experience of the intensity and debilitation this condition causes....I just wanted to die the last few days...doesn't that say it all?

And why on earth if I receive ESA support group for 3 years do I not qualify for PIP? DWP have a file as big as an encyclopedia on my history? Geezee louise? I am dumbfounded by the inane processes of this system.

Hellyn.....blah
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Re: laughable PIP report.....

Postby zoomie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:52 pm

I don't know what to say :(

I have my appointment tomorrow, I feel like death, is there actually any point in me going to the medical?

We're fighting a losing battle not only physically but in the form of justice too, I assume you will appeal, good luck hon xx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby lynneann » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:19 pm

who done the assessment was it atos or capita
lynneann
UKFM Newbie

Postby grazazel » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:04 pm

I think the assessor live on another planet. Had my assessment in Feb, took until end of July for them to submit report did by capita. Turned down after scoring zero points apparently. Got report sent through and it read like a different person. She had obviously not paid attention to what was said or done. No physical exam and she seemed more interested in telling me about a colleague husband dyeing which was why she was doing the assessment. Surely she should not have discussed that. Wrote a 3 page letter for reconsideration waiting to hear still. My advice is go through the report section by section and note what you disagree with and why.
grazazel
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazely » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi just wondered how long it has taken for you to get your reports as i am currently waiting for mine.

They are a joke just like the government
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Helly I really do not know what to say apart from I am very sorry you got the health professional and I use that term loosely who did not have a clue. I have had ESA assessments before when they have lied in the opposite of what I said and it takes ages to sort which is wrong. Make sure in the reconsideration you tell them how much this has upset you and made you stressed and very anxious due to the in-effectiveness of the Occupational Therapist who had no knowledge of Fibromyalgia has done your report. I not had my PIP assessment yet been waiting since January and don't really want to attend the assessment as know what stress it causes.

I really hope your reconsideration is looked on favourably Helly

Best wishes

Robbie
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby Hellyn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:50 pm

thanks for the input.
Yes i will be calling them tomorrow to find out if capita or atos, I have a good piece from a support site on what to say to them over mandatory consideration, I will be going through it with a fine tooth comb as the whole experience has tripped me into a fibro flare up on a level I have never had before...day 4 of being utterly racked with pain unable to sleep properly, eat, get comfy unless im in the hot bath, so dosed up just to get to the loo..you know the score...

PIP means a lot...i would be able to park nearer the shops for food, afford hydro therapy, get care allowance for my son who is looking out for me, all the things that would make this curse bearable...and quality of life better.

what little brain power i have is now going to be set on this task and my body doesnt need it..so unfair.
It makes you feel what is the point of living in this pain.
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby Paisleyjane » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi everyone, sorry you are having such problems. I must say I didn't. However my best friend did. She was a legal professional so when the assessor lied about what he had done during the assessment she put in a formal complaint with the GMC. Their response was as an individual complaint they could not act but if they had repeated complaints about either an individual or the processes they could then take action.
It seems if we want to bring pressure to bear regarding these unfair, ludicrous assessments, we need to complain to the professional bodies. Especially if as in a lot of cases they write blatant lies on the assessment.
The professional bodies will view this far more seriously than the DWP does.
Hope all turns out well for you :-)
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:55 am

Just a quick one, I have had my award letter, standard rate for both, I am going to appeal as I truly believe I should be high rate, but we will see!
His luck to those who also had appointments xx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby aziriphale » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Its weird that some of us have so much trouble and others don't

I had my appt weds 15th of Oct and i got my letter today, got enhanced living allowance and standard mobility which is fantastic since i only got awarded standard living before, had the same ATOS lady as I had first time and really can't complain about her or the assessment at all, my one for ESA was the other end of the scale that one was awful and had to take it to appeal
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits