Working and claiming benefits

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Working and claiming benefits

Postby madchickenlady » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:32 pm

I currently work 34.5 hours a week which is spread over three 11.5 hour shifts, I have special arrangements at work that state that I am not allowed to work consecutive shifts, this suits me as it means I only have to work 3 days a week, but over the last few months I have really been struggling and have had a big increase in symptoms,Someone at work suggested I cut my hours and that I would be able to claim benefits to top up my wages, is this possible and where is the best place to go for straightforward advice,I need someone who can work it all out for me because my brain just won't process the information :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Re: Working and claiming benefits

Postby clb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:47 pm

i dont work anymore. but im sure if you go to your local citizens advice they will be able to help you if you are entitled to anything they will help you fill out your forms etc. hope you can get help :-D
clb
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Try putting your details in here

www.entitledto.co.uk

That'll tell you what to expect, try tinkering around with your income till you find the best for you
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Thanks I will try both :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby Tigs » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 am

Hi, this is my 1st post so right now my tingling/burning, something crawling under my skin sensation is going a little crazy...Lol! Anyway I just wanted to come on and let you know that you can get an on-line calculator (it's easy to use) that will help you work out your money and any help you will get. This maybe easier for you to do around work as it's always accessible. Will give you a little idea, but defo is best to see someone who works in the field if you can. Good luck :crazy:
Tigs
UKFM Newbie

Postby madchickenlady » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks, I don't think I stand much chance of getting any help to be honest, I looked at the FB replies and it says that if you have a physical job you will be deemed to be not sick and I have a physical job, I also don't need anyone to look after me so that goes against me as well,so it looks like I will have to carry on working fulltime :(
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:24 am

You do not need to have disability benefits to qualify for working tax credits. Depending on if you are single/a couple hours worked are either 24/30. If you qualified for the 24 hours that may allow you to cut back your hours a bit. Xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits