New ESA claim

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New ESA claim

Postby sdav78 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:51 am

Hi all, First off this is the first time I've ever posted on any kind of forum, so if this should be moved to another topic, admin feel free.

I have been a fibro sufferer for 20+ years, I am now 36, and after being turned down for esa 5 years ago, after taking it all the way to tribunal, I have been on JSA, as I managed to get a flat of my own so was on housing benefit. Now I am faced with making a new claim for ESA, as I feel my health has worsened and I know I can't do what's needed of me to keep getting JSA.
I have made contact with citizens advice, but been waiting for a call back since Thursday, I am seeing my gp on Monday afternoon, so hopefully be getting the 'fit note', and want to make the claim on Tuesday.
So if anyone has any suggestions, advice etc on what to do for the best, I'd be more than grateful, I am at my wits end with worry, which doesn't help with the fibro! Hope this all makes sense :-)
Many thanks, Simon.

ps, does anyone else have IBS symptoms with fibro?
sdav78
UKFM Newbie

Re: New ESA claim

Postby Azteka » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Good luck, ive been on esa rhis time since march/april as my jobcenter advisor was being a jerk and delibratly refurring me to corses and such he know i couldnt do so as i was supposed t be going to a pain management course the gp aggreed to put me bk on esa till id finished the course. But still waiting for the course with no word from them. And Monday is my phone appointment with a gp about again renewing my "fit note" i always get nurvus about it lol. But good luck with urs if it relates i have not had any reviews this time on esa since i started in march/april i had a form to fill in once and never heard back (good sign) but i dont have a full fibromyalgia diagnosis yet altho we pretty much agree thats what i have i am still going threw the hoops and such stage so just have "widespread chronic pain syndrome " at this time
Azteka
UKFM Newbie

Postby sdav78 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks for the advice, and for the good luck wishes, hope it all goes well for you too :-)
sdav78
UKFM Newbie

Postby gilld » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:23 am

hi. contact www.fightback4justice.co.uk they are brilliant and will advise you through everything. I have IBS with fibro too. good luck x
gilld
UKFM Member

Postby sdav78 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Just seen the doctor, she said I should be working(!) and was hesitant to give me a' fit note', I explained the difference between the work and support esa groups, and eventually got a a note for 8 weeks with fibro and anxiety written on it and phased return to work ticked! Can I still make an esa claim with this note?? Am really anxious now x

ps, I have just sent both of my posts off to fightback4justice.
sdav78
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits