PIP Report written up 40 days after assessment???

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Report written up 40 days after assessment???

Postby andrew623 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi All,
I'm trying to appeal a PIP refusal decision for a friend with Fibromyalgia. She unfortunately didn't elaborate much on the application form & at the medical assessment. However, from the bundle, it seems the PIP report was written up some 40 days after the actual assessment. Would this be an angle for appeal or not? Surely this time lapse wouldn't be reasonable, or are there any rules stating otherwise?
Many thanks.
andrew623
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Report written up 40 days after assessment???

Postby clb » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:51 pm

hi, i hadto appeal my dla. i went to cab as they have solicitors who can help with forms and also attend the appeal with you if needed. it might be worth contacting them for advice.

hope i may have helped a bit :-D
clb
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazely » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:34 am

I would think so how can things be remembered after 40 days. Check out fightback on fb they will be able to help
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby grazazel » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:18 am

Hopefully it will as I have pointed out about the time it took for report in a statement for my reconsideration. Had assessment in Feb and report was done in July. I don't think they can remember after a long period of time dealing with multiple cases. My report read like it was for a completely different person and the bits that did seem about me was only very loosely. I sat down and went through the report section by section pointing out what I did not agree with. Ended up 3 pages of A4. Still waiting to hear back. Hope your friend can get the decision reversed
grazazel
UKFM Newbie

Postby andrew623 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks All,

Your replies have given my friend some hope. Now to knuckle down and compose a reconsideration letter.
Hazely, wow, didn't know about Fightback on FB, I will take a look at that.

Many thanks again.
andrew623
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits