reconsideration has been denied stuck in WRAG

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

reconsideration has been denied stuck in WRAG

Postby dobie2 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:55 pm

hi all,

just looking for some help. i had my medical and was placed in the WRAG group, so i put in for reconsideration hoping to be moved over to SG but this did not happen.

i have now to put in an appeal and do not know what to write. i have only 1 month to put the appeal in.

i have only been diagnosised for 3 months now and i have more bad days than good. i am finding it hard to cope with pain.

when i had my medical i told the HCP that at times i coud manage to make a sandwich but could not cook a meal, that i could sit for 15mins doing some ironing but i think they have used it against me. she gave me 9 points for mobility and 6 points because i could not raise my hands above my head.

i explained that the medication i was on had many side effects such as making me very drowsey lack of co ordination nausesa dizziness etc., but this was not taken into account, if suffer from chronic fatigue i am so tired in the moring you would not think i had been to bed.

is there anyone out there that could point me in the right direction.

kind regards

janet :( :( :(
dobie2
UKFM Newbie

Re: reconsideration has been denied stuck in WRAG

Postby Kimlh » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Keep fighting, have a look in your area for a Disability support group, your local library may be able to help, failing that contact you local CAB they will be able to help. Please don't give up it may be hard work and time consuming, but the more of us that fight the higher the chances of FM being recognised for the debilitating illness that it is.

I was put on the WRAG and asked for reconsideration to go on SG and was turned down, I appealed with help from Disability Wessex who cover some of Dorset, It took a while but I am now in the SG, hope you get the help you need, Gentle (((((HUGS))))) Kim
Kimlh
UKFM Newbie

Postby dobie2 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:11 pm

hi there,

thanks for your reply i will contact CAB on Monday and i am going to contact my council to see if they have a welfare support officer as i have been told they will help fill in forms and give you advice.

many thanks and gentle hugs

janet
dobie2
UKFM Newbie

Postby Falgirl57 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:04 pm

So sorry to hear of your pain and also the stress of trying to sort things out. Please do seek help from cab. I was placed in the working group and applied for support but was denied. I didn't appeal at the time as I was fighting my husbands appeal at the time. (he has Alzheimers and had 2 hip relacements) and they stopped all his dla. I won his case but the toll on me was enormous.It took nearly 3 years to get him sorted out. I dont recieve anything other than low dla. I really need to have this updated as I am quite ill now with added complications of arthritis, asthma, bursitis and highly elevated pain. I am afraid that it will be a fight and I just dont have the energy.
So I would say to you get help and go for it x
Falgirl57
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits