Letter Received...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Letter Received...

Postby gabby71 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:18 am

Hi all

Had a letter today to say that my details have been passed to Capita and they will be in touch to make a face to face appointment - just wondering how long people have had to wait after receiving their letters?

Also it said that the assessment may be in my own home (that would be better for me anyway), will they want to look around to see how I manage and what aids I have or could benefit from? Will they ask me to do things like household tasks etc?

Thanks

Gab.x
gabby71
UKFM Member

Re: Letter Received...

Postby lindauk1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:40 am

hi took me about 2 weeks got mine tuesday really nervous im with capita they coming to my home goodluck
lindauk1
UKFM Member

Postby Cuddles6 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:26 pm

I had a letter last week saying my application had been passed to Atos? :shock:
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:28 pm

I have received my appointment letter this morning, 3 weeks after my initial letter. My appointment is a week tomorrow at my home. I am just keeping my fingers crossed my partner is able to get the day off, it feels too daunting to manage on my own! I hope you don't have to wait too long.
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby Sharplucky2 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi I have been waiting since april 2014!! For my assesment that is in the south and with atos its really frustrating now find myself in tears when i check the post.
The new system is a joke!
Sharplucky2
UKFM Member

Postby Roger Rabbit » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:15 pm

My assessment was done by ATOS at home in the DLA days . He did not look round my home, and stayed in the lounge. He did get me to get up and try to walk, and move my body around whilst I was laying down on the sofa. If you use any aids make sure that you tell the person, wheelchair, frame, stick, bath board etc. I have to say the report he wrote was illegible, contradicted itself and of course my claim was declined. However, I put my case together myself, represented myself, went to appeal and won. Don't ever be afraid of anything, you are not on your own, there are people to help you and there is always your local MP who will take on your cause for you. I know it is hard when you feel so ill, but that is what kept me going. I decided that I am going to get what is rightfully mine, as it's there and I need the help! Me! Put me first for once and the more people that fight for Fibro the more it will get recognised.Hope this helps you. Stay strong xxx
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:29 pm

My daughter is still awaiting an appointment for a PIP medical for over a year now!! :yikes: think it all depends on where you live etc...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gabby71 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks to everyone for your replies and kind words, keep me updated on how your assessments go - I will post again when I get a date...wondering if I should have my daughter there, she is 16 and in 6th form and does the majority of my caring for me...

thanks

Gab.x
gabby71
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:30 am

make sure you have someone with you. i had capita applied feb 2014 assessment aug 2014 got refused now doing reconsideration
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby gabby71 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 am

Update - letter received yesterday confirming a home appointment on 4th November.....
gabby71
UKFM Member

Postby gabby71 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Update - received another letter yesterday rescheduling my appointment to 14/11 - I'll keep you posted!
gabby71
UKFM Member

Postby gabby71 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Update - had my home assessment earlier today - I was so worried about this but I have to say I had a lovely man come to do it, he put me right at ease and it was much less stressful than I thought it would be..

He showed me his laptop and what he needed to ask and basically he went through the questions that were on the PIP application form.

He asked me to do a few physical moves - nothing too strenuous!

Obviously won't know anything for a while, he did advise that it will be around a 6 week wait so will give an update once |I havemy decision.

At least its all over now :)

Good luck for anyone who is waiting!

Gab.x
gabby71
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:06 pm

That's great it was so quick.

I've been waiting over a month for my appointment. It's so strange that the waiting time varies so much.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits