Esa next step??

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Esa next step??

Postby Sharplucky2 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi i put a claim in for esa at the beginning of this month ive been awarded the contribution based assessment rate at the moment and am waiting for my p45 to come through so i can send this to dwp also sent recent fit note to dwp but what do i do next? Should i send in esa50 form as the letter i have has nothing on it really. Very confused.
Sharplucky2
UKFM Member

Re: Esa next step??

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Is confusing. What happens is that they send you out the ESA50 once you have spoken to them and given them additional information.

Once they recieve the form along with the fit note this covers you for the assessment period and you will get some money but only the assessment rate. The assessment phase is normaly around or up to 14 weeks. In this time you should be called for a medical to assess what group you will be put into and if your eligable for ESA.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Esa next step??

Postby Sharplucky2 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Thank you! So basically send in p45 ASAP then i will get told what to do next. Xx
Sharplucky2
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits