Drs Help Claiming For PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Drs Help Claiming For PIP

Postby becbob » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:59 pm

I am in the process of claiming for PIP. The CAB are going to help me fill in the forms. I have a meeting on Thursday with them. He told me what I need to bring with me and it included a letter from my Dr. I saw her yesterday and asked for a letter but she didn't seem to know what to do. She is a great help to me generally but I was surprised by her reaction. She printed of my reports from the Rheumatologist with my diagnosis of FM. She said that should help. What would she need to put in this letter or will my diagnosis letter help.
When I first saw my Rheumatologist I had just been put on Duloxetine and it really helped. Since then I have got progressively worse. I am bedbound 60% of the time. I struggle along 20% of the time and 20% of the time I am fully functional, always in pain though. It says in her report that I was doing well but this was dated back to March. She hasn't seen me since. I am being referred to a Dr who will help me with pacing myself.
I currently have an 8 week sick note from my Dr, I am giving up work after this. Can I make a claim for ESA now or wait until I officially leave work.
It's all too confusing for me. Very low at the moment.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: Drs Help Claiming For PIP

Postby becbob » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Also I have just found out the the Rheumatologist who diagnosed me back in March is no longer at the hospital so I can't even get her to re write any letters for me.
This gathering evidence for PIP is very draining. You would of thought that it would be PIPs job to do all this.
Will they even bother with writing to my GP?
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby Hailes20 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi there, I too have applied for PIP and sent with it a supporting letter from my Gp, all it stated was how bad the fm had gotten and that I was under a rumourtoligist at the hospital, along with a list of the current medications I am on. I had a reply to say they have received the application but the current processing time is 26 weeks !!!!!!, they may also want to arrange a meeting with yourself with their medical expert if they don't feel the supporting evidence is enough, just remember when you fill in the form to fill it in as if your having one of your worst days whilst still being honest, the more information you can give them the less likely they will require an additional meeting, I also included a letter from a friend who just stated how much I had deteriorated over the past 12 months !!!, Good Luck, I hope you get it but bare in mind the 26 week wait, I applied about 8 weeks ago now and still havnt heard a word ! .
Hailes20
UKFM Newbie

Postby heatherjswiegers » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello I did not get a supporting letter. My GP printed out 50 pages of the notes from my electronic file, all the consultations. This proved to be a life saver, it had all the different dates of visits, at one stage I was seeing the GP weekly, it listed all the medications. I got my PIP, and when it came to getting Was I was not interviewed, they looked at the PIP and gave it to me for the next three years. I was also blessed with a wonderful lady that did my assessment.

My advice would be to get print outs of your consultation notes and if there are any letter from other consultant, these are also kept on file by your GP . This might not be the answer to your question but it was the golden ticked for me. The notes showed that I was seeing the GP. Every week, all the medivation changes and every step that we took towards my treatment and every step of my illness. I have been granted three year based on carpal tunnel in both hands and fibromyalgia.

I hope this helps
heatherjswiegers
UKFM Member

Postby Becs531 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:03 pm

My GP is doing a letter for me, which includes diagnosis, details the extreme pain I am in and lists my medications. He has also included details of various consultants I have been referred to (next one is neurologist to see if anything else is causing me to have slurred speech on occasions (at least once or twice a week). As well as a supporting letter for another condition (which my GP also referred to in his letter), I am hoping this will be sufficient. I also have a letter from my best friend detailing my deterioration. Good luck to anyone going through PIP applications, it's a very draining process! x
Becs531
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi i got turned down for pip i have fibromyalgia, chronic migraine and carpal tunnel both hands sent all my appointments and consultants letters letter but the gp that did my report a 2 year old could have put more. He was useless and i had not seen him in 5 years. I am now doing a reconsideration letter. good luck
hazely
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits