PIP Assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Assessment

Postby daisyp59 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:27 pm

I have just had my PIP assessment this morning. A lovely lady who appeared to be very sympathetic to Fibromyalgia. She said it was a much misunderstood condition and she wanted to put as much information in her report about how it affects me day to day. I also have severe arthritis in both knees. I am still worried, I can't do without my motability car and if I don't get the PIP I will be stranded! She reckoned about 3 weeks for a decision, so I am going to try to forget about it until the decision comes. Keep your fingers crossed for me please :-D
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Assessment

Postby Devo167 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:05 pm

hi,

May I ask what they did in your assessment, I've got mine Tuesday morning, it would just be nice to have some insight into what they get you to do or ask you. having Fibromyalgia for the past 2 years, and M.E & Restless leg Sysdrome for 5 years now life has changed so much and being in constant pain regardless of what medication I've taken.:(

I'm sure your aware just how many people dont seem to understand or what to understand what it's like to have to deal with these conditions. So having the assesser to be sympathetic towards you must count for something - so fingers crossed she's gone back and is fighting your corner. :) She must of seen you were a genuine case.

I take it your get it back dated? I applied for this back in May of this year, and wondered if I was lucky enough to be intitled to would it be back dated from May or from when they come out to assess you.
Devo167
UKFM Newbie

Postby aziriphale » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:36 pm

It gets backdated to the date you applied for it

my assessment was a couple of weeks ago, she just asked a lot of questions about how i managed certain things and did a bizarre medical its hard to describe they get you to push against their hands and test your range of movements

my advice is remember the worse day you have ever had, and base your answers and anything else on that
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:45 pm

She just asked a lot of in-depth questions and tested a range of movements. It was when she asked me to squat down that I had to laugh and tell her she had to be joking lol. Luckily she laughed too :-)
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby Lizee » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:51 pm

I had a similar experience lol I was asked to stand on one foot, I said not unless you can help me up when I fall then almost fell with both feet on the ground bending down to touch toes :-(
Lizee
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits