Suddenly got a payment, but not sure what for!!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Suddenly got a payment, but not sure what for!!!!

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 am

Good Morning,

I was doing my mobile banking, when I noticed that my balance was more then it should be. I checked the listings and the DWP, EESA, (their abbreviation, not mine), placed a £566.98 payment into my account. What befuddles me is that I have not had a letter stating what this is for, nor have I had my appointment. I was supposed to go to Peterborough for a face-to-face, but I explained that I had moved to Durham and a 200 mile drive was beyond my abilities. I also explained that I had gone from Capita to an Atos region, and I was told that they (the DWP) would contact Atos with my claim and Atos would be contacting me.

If this money is back payment as a decision has been made, it only comes to around £26.99 a week. Does anyone know what this means??? Is this an extra living allowance? Mobility? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I don't want to touch it until I know what it is for, nor do I think that if a decision has been made that the amount is sufficient.

Thanks again peeps..

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Suddenly got a payment, but not sure what for!!!!

Postby Kristy Wilson » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:11 am

Have you made a claim for employment support allowance? As it could be a back payment from them.
Kristy Wilson
UKFM Member

Postby aziriphale » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:43 am

it looks like a ESA payment to me, I would ring up tomorrow
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:59 am

I should have clarified....I am on ESA £77.40 per week and in June made a claim for PiP. So is that the PiP kicking in you think? I will call tomorrow, but I just thought if this had happened to someone else they might know what part it is for. Thanks guys.
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Looking at what you've said Queenie, it would suggest that the payment relates to ESA, based on the narrative you have said is showing on your account.

ESA is paid at the assessment rate for the first 13 weeks of a claim with it being the Assessment Phase of the process. If assessment takes longer than 13 weeks, then benefit will be backdated to the 14th week of a claim.

With you moving to a different area, it is possible that your ESA claim has been passed to a different team dealing with claims covering the area you are now living in. If this is the case, then it is possible that Decision Maker has looked at your claim and made a decision based on the info you have provided, as it is possible to do so without the need for an assessment if the claimant has provided enough info, evidence etc for a suitable decision to be made.

It's also not unusual for letters etc to take a while to be sent/get to the claimant, which can mean monies can be deposited/paid before the claimant is aware of what has happened wrt their claim.

I can't see where you have said when your initial ESA claim was submitted. If you have a look at the date when it was rec'd by DWP, add on 13 weeks, then divide the backpayment amount by the number of weeks that have passed since week 14, hopefully it come out at the weekly difference between the assessment rate and the full ESA rate paid based on one of the 2 groups, either WRAG or Support Group.

To get things clarified and confirmed, a call to DWP will be necessary I'm afraid. If it does relate to backpay and a decision being made on your claim, then the monies will be yours, and with what you have mentioned in other posts, hopefully it will make a major difference to you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mbat2 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi, when you look at the reference of the payment, it will state esa + your NI. If it is DLa it will state dla and some numbers. Not sure about PiP. Hope this helps.
mbat2
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for the formula, I did work it out as my 13th week would have been the 11th of October, DWP claim they got my paperwork on15 July even though I sent it in June!!!! Anyway, that works out to £188.99 per week...That has to be wrong, or I am finally getting enough to live on. Either way, I will call tomorrow and find out what the dealio is.....

The mobile payment reference only stated that it was an EESA payment, bt your right, it does have my NI along with the DWP. I guess only a call will sort this all out...fingers crossed ladies and gentlemen, I might actually pay back some of the loans, mum especially, £30,000 in the last four years....and some of my debts...

xx
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Biggles57 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 pm

what normally happens is payment goes into bank and the letter arrives after , it happened to me last year checked bank on the friday shocked to find £1350 in credit and on the monday I got a letter of explanation so don't fret about it . Hope this helps 8-)
Biggles57
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:45 am

Good Morning Guys,

So I called, and after 20 minutes of that horrible music a person, a real live person, answered the phone. She was ever so lovely and said that it is a back payment from August 8th. I guess I am the Support ESA, which means nothing to me, but my weekly money has gone up £35 pounds a week. Not a tremendous amount of money, but I can breathe a lot easier because of it.

Oh, it is for 18 months so January 2016 I guess I have to refile, explain my illness's all over again, and prove that I am not a lay-a-bout, but actually might be sick.

That channel four programme.....Benefits Street......has made our lives he!!....as it just showed how people diddled the system so you and I have to fight for every penny.

Anyway, thought you all might want to know what the outcome was.
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:03 pm

That's good news that you've been placed in the Support Group, it means they have acknowledged that you're not in a position to consider the idea of taking steps towards a possible return to work at some point in the months between now and when a review will be due.

When the time to review your claim is near, you should be sent a form that will need completing. If you have kept copies/notes of what you wrote for your previous claim, as well as copies of the supporting evidence that you sent in, it can help make completing the next one a little easier as you can use your previous one as the basis for the review, with any new letters, changes etc being added as needed.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks FluppyPuffy,

I do have one question though...does this mean that my PiP claim is done??? Or is that still in the pipeline? I mean, so I have to re-claim for PiP? Or is this part and parcel of that claim? I am so confused regarding all of this. I know I am now on support ESA, which I am not complaining about, but does that mean, when they looked at my PiP claim they decided at some point I was going to get better????

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks...

xx
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:22 am

ESA and PIP are completely separate from each other, so whilst your ESA claim is now sorted, your PIP claim will carry on thru the system until a decision has been made/fate has been decided about it.

Being in the Support Group means that DWP have acknowledged that at the moment your conditions affect you to the extent that you are not in a position to consider taking steps towards any sort of return to employment.

Pre~PIP, when DLA was what was claimed to help with additional expenses of living with an illness/disability, there were a few mentions of ESA claim info being taken into consideration when looking at a DLA claim, and possibly being used to help with the decision making, however I don't know just how true this was at the time, and so far I haven't come across any mentions of it being done with PIP claims.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits