PIP Medical

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Medical

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:59 pm

I have finally been given a date for the PIP medical but after reading the news last couple of days do not want to hold my breath even if get a good report as people with Parkinson, MS, Spinal problems apparently can go back to work in future as DWP have decided in there wisdom that deliberating problems don't get worse just better (who is running DWP).

I am dreading it as we all know fibromyalgia has good days and really bad days but does not cause any damage to muscles which brings me to believe no matter how good the report is I will get a no to both parts
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Medical

Postby aziriphale » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:46 am

I thought the same as you but i got it, just explain how it affects you the best you can when you go and if they turn you down appeal it
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby laserlou » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:27 pm

I suffer really bad with Fibromyalgia along with an under active thyroid, type 1 diabetes, osteoarthritis in the spine. I recently had 2 days of complete agony and off my work. I was advised to try for some kind of benefit. But when I looked into it I wondered how they can allow for fibromyaglia??
laserlou
UKFM Newbie

Postby Leannellie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi. I got it. Had my decision a week after my f2f. They seem to be taking fibromyalgia more seriously now imo.
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:24 pm

I got refused have fm, carpal tunnel and chronic migraine as well as all the usual fibro ailments. Just waiting to hear about reconsideration now, think its a postcode lottery depends who you get and if they got out of bed the right side.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby Lizee » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm waiting to hear, I also have fm, carpal tunnel, chronic migraines and ibs that causes incontinence. I was hoping for something but now I'm wondering what will happen next. Had my f2f on 30th sept and was told would have to wait 6-8 weeks for my decision,
Lizee
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Lizee wrote:I'm waiting to hear, I also have fm, carpal tunnel, chronic migraines and ibs that causes incontinence. I was hoping for something but now I'm wondering what will happen next. Had my f2f on 30th sept and was told would have to wait 6-8 weeks for my decision,

Hi. I was told at my f2f that it would take 4_6 weeks till I heard but I heard exactly 1 week later.
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby LibbyWick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:19 pm

It took a while but I eventually got PIP. I was like you and very worried about it, particularly as I have a friend with MS who was initially rejected. One thing I will ask you is, are there really "good" days for you? Should you describe them as "better" days? I suspect your good days are not as good as a normal day for someone without FM. So I avoid saying "good", it's bad days and better days and I think that helped my assessor make the right decision. ((hugs))
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby Montybruno » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 am

Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition that I myself have had for over ten years it effects my health in many ways I believe just alone you should be able to get P.I.P with it no one should doubt what others suffer with this horrible condition it's not a choice anyone wants we got it through no fault of our own I hate it lathe it it's ruined my life I can't survive finically because of it I am living in poverty .
Montybruno
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits