PIP home assesment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP home assesment

Postby pedaller » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:01 pm

got a call last week about my assessment I wsa told I would get a letter the n call to arrange a home visit. Phone to day and was told thatcapta don't do home vistis in my area I and i'm not i :( ll enough for a home visit
pedaller
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP home assesment

Postby Rebecca1991xx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:22 am

That's terrible!!! They have no idea how bad you really are. I wouldn't give in to this as it's what they want to do. From what I've heard they ask you in the meeting how you got there and I you say you got there by train or so on they basically regect you! It's disguising. It shouldn't matter where you live, they are meant to carry out a service of assessment and if they want that then they should most definitely come
to you. You must be so frustrated, I know I would be. I'd try giving them another call if so a complaint!

I wish you the best!!

Rebecca xx
Rebecca1991xx
UKFM Newbie

Postby becbob » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 am

What a bunch of w***ers. How on earrth did they come to that conclusion before they have even met you. This whole PIP thing is an absolute joke. They are bullying and targeting people who need help the most. Please don't give in to them. If they cannot get to you then they need to issue PIP to you without the face 2 face. Don't give in to them if you are unable to get to them. It's what they want so it can save them more money. Hope you get it sorted
soon x
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby sylviahughes » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:45 am

So sorry to hear about you not getting a home visit ,these's people just do not understand how people with pain ,cant get out and are suffering in silence .
be strong dont let them get you down ,
sylvia
sylviahughes
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:32 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary pedaller.

Sorry to hear what is happening wrt your PIP claim and a lack of home visits. You would expect that both companies carrying out the assessments would work on the same guidelines and basis.

There have been a few mentions about a supporting letter from a GP, consultant and/or other healthcare peoples who may be involved in your treatment and care helping increase the chances of a home visit being offered. I don't know just how effective it actually is, but might be an option worth considering/looking into if at all possible.

When you have a moment, if you fancy a bobble over to Where To Say Hello it's where you can tell us a little about yourself, your FibroQuest, and what brought you to our FibroFamily if you would like to do so :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits