Message From DWP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Message From DWP

Postby becbob » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:54 pm

I sent my pip form back last week and this morning I received a text saying that they are dealing with my claim. Then they said it could take upto 26 weeks for a decision to be made. I know that there is a huge backlog of claimants waiting but I would really like to know how long others have waited from forms being sent to having a final decision.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: Message From DWP

Postby sue66 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:10 pm

hi becbob
im in the same boat as you i sent my pip forms back last week too and got the same message. hope we dont have to wait too long x such a stressfull time isnt it x fingers crossed for us both x
sue66
UKFM Member

Postby jacnew » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Sorry to put a spanner in the works but I sent my forms in in January and still haven't heard, I phone them every other week but always told it's in process!!!!
jacnew
UKFM Newbie

Postby lindauk1 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:21 pm

had my letter sent off june and i had my medical assessment last week but it depends where you live im in west mids
lindauk1
UKFM Member

Postby Izwiz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it took the Exeter sector 32 weeks to deal with my claim which was disallowed. I faced a tribunal yesterday which was really harrowing, but finally after an hour of interviewing and 18 minutes coming to a decision, I have been allocated the lower rate of benefit. In total, the time taken to sort this out from start to finish is 1 week shy of a year. :(
Izwiz
UKFM Newbie

Postby M0nkeyS0cks72 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:35 pm

I sent my form back at the start of Sept and got the text a week later, then a week after that I got a letter from atos saying my case had gone to them for a medical. I rang them a couple of weeks ago to up date my phone number and they told me they are very backlogged. I am in Blackpool.
M0nkeyS0cks72
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sharplucky2 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 pm

HeY im from bournemouth and i have been waiting since april!! For a assessment spoke to atos at the start of october whom said i wouldnt have an assessment in october which is ridiculous! This system is rubbish.
Sharplucky2
UKFM Member

Postby winkle0304 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Isnt this just so frustrating for us, ive been waiting since August and when I called I was told its being processed and could take up to 26 weeks, I had the lower rate for a year as was then told it had to be re-assessed , well I told them the illness doesn't get better, we don't just recover and they told me to be patient..............well that's a laugh in its self. Chin up everyone gentle cuddles to all xxx
winkle0304
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:56 pm

My daughter sent in a new PIP application last september :yikes: and shes still waiting on a medical!! They wrote to her last week apologising for the delay!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby u37mr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi, I'm in Scotland and I sent my forms in at the end of June, I had an assessment by ATOS on the 14th October and now got a letter through on Monday to say they have accepted my claim! My back pay was paid into my account today! Have to say, am absolutely gobsmacked I got anything after all the horror stories you hear about. It's certainly put me in a good mood this week, which is a nice change!
Good luck with everything xx
u37mr
UKFM Member

Postby sue66 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:08 pm

there also does seem to be a lot of waiting in most areas . im in derbyshire mysyelf wheres everyone else from x
sue66
UKFM Member

Postby emmas » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:12 pm

I think it depends a lot on where you live and who your local assessment partner is. I applied at the end of Nov last year and sent back my detailed form on 16 December. I had my assessment last week (after having two letters from ATOS saying they were very backlogged - one in Jan and one about two days after they sent me my appointment a couple of weeks ago!!) and they said it would take from 4 - 6 weeks for it to be processed from then, but I got my backpay today which was a lot faster that I was expecting! :-D Even if you do have to wait the payment will be backdated to the date of you application, which makes all the waiting a little less bad.

From what I have seen from other peoples posts (here and on other general disability / benefits forums) Capita are much less backlogged than ATOS and where you can wait a couple of months for a Capita appointment you can wait up to, and indeed over, a year for an ATOS one. Calling ATOS or the DWP seems like a waste of time and effort from what I have seen other people say, but your local MP appears to be the best port of call if you think it is going on too long - there have been reports of them having a 'priority' line to ATOS and it does seem to hurry up the process more than anything you might be able to do on your own.

I know that isn't much help in directly answering your question, but once you get the letter from you local assessment partner you might have a better idea - you should get that within a couple of weeks of sending back the form. If you get Capita you shouldn't have to wait too long, but if you get ATOS I would suggest you get onto you MP after a few months if you don't have an appointment by then.

Good luck! I hope it doesn't take as long as mine took!
emmas
UKFM Newbie

Postby moomoos » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:36 pm

My Daughters claim went in on 24 June 2013. She had her home assessment on 5 June 2014 and her first payment in August 2014.
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Beth1012 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:53 pm

My claim took 8.5 months - after contacting my MP it got resolved very very quickly I'm in Norfolk. My MP strongly urges all in this predicament to contact their own MP. This way pressure gets put on ATOS who are failing in their contract. Good Luck

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:56 pm

sent forms off in feb had assessment aug got reply two weeks later in september refusal, now waiting to hear about reconsideration
hazely
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits