DLA claim and GP report?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA claim and GP report?

Postby Flippy22 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Wondering if anyone has experienced this. DLA have requested a report from my gp. I am a little concerned as he knows a lot of my difficulties, but not all. Has this happened to you? What was the out come?
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Re: DLA claim and GP report?

Postby tich » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:24 pm

I had to get one from my gp it dident change anything just more hassle for me and my gp. Sorry if it dosent help
tich
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 pm

not dla but pip gp that wrote report ive not seen for 5 years, got my regular gp to write a supporting letter. Just waiting to hear now from reconsideration
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby KateS » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi flippy2, I hope you kept a copy of your claim form. If you did, give a copy of it to your GP so they can see what you have told the DWP and respond to them using the information in it.

Good luck

Kate
KateS
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Your GP can only write what you are diagnosed with, what medication you are on and any other treatments such as counselling or physiotherapy but the questions do not ask how it affects - the GP just gives the facts. My GP told me that because it is a big surgery she may not even see my request for a report as they are just handed out randomly to any of the GP's in the surgery, who fill them in and send them back.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 am

The best thing to do is to write a letter to your GP and outline in the letter how your conditions effect your life. Be detailed about your mobility things you can and can't do and why. The surgery will scan the letter into your record, when another GP looks at your file they will see the letter and this helps as a guide. Worked really well for me as I changed surgery and I made sure they noted the letter on my file. Hope this works for you and good luck.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits