SSP...ESA...PIP....CONFUSED!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

SSP...ESA...PIP....CONFUSED!!

Postby germit » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi all , I apologise in advance for my long post.

I am now on ESA after being on SSP with my employer. I went off sick initially with back pains amongst other things and after 28 wks i was put on Contributionbased ESA which im now still on. I have been on this since August and now it seems unlikely i will ever return as i have Fibro, Slipped disk, Arthritis of the spine, Severe Asthma, liver problems and a stomach ulcer. I made a claim for a Blue Badge and PiP about 8 weeks ago and today i had my blue badge in the post. What i want to ask is when am i likely to be sent a capability form and be asked to go to to an assesment? I know the PiP could take a while but i dont understand why in 3 months the ESA have not been in touch? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :-)
germit
UKFM Newbie

Re: SSP...ESA...PIP....CONFUSED!!

Postby theduke58 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 pm

hi, like you i was on ssp upto april then on esa (incomebased) have not heard anything since.

might be because i am having treatment for copd/ RA /fibro treatment by GP and hospital, or because Atos are finishing soon on medicals,
Who knows the rules are not followed by dwp or atos
theduke58
UKFM Newbie

Re: SSP...ESA...PIP....CONFUSED!!

Postby Lisalou » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:48 am

There is a very long wait for atos. I am off sick at the mo but my job is a floating support worker and benefits is a massive part of my role.

I have heard the rumour that atos are leaving soon for over 18 months now.... they are useless and the aooner they go the better.
If you are ever at all concerned you can contact ESA and just ask, at least it would put your mind at rest.
Regards
Lisa
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits