PIP turned down

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP turned down

Postby shazzy77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:34 pm

I have just recieved my rejection letter for PIP .... with 0 points ? 0 points ... i read down the letter wondering if it was me who they examined ... they are not getting rid of me that easily .. it seems everything i put on the pip form was turned round by the pip ascessor where i am as fit as a fiddle with full range of movement, can get up and down out of the chairs with no problem, can get in and out of bath no problem, can walk 200 metres at a normal pace, i can find my way around without help, i can manage my finances ( dont know if the bank manager would agree there ) .... So the fight is now on! ( if i can stay awake long enough that is )
shazzy77
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP turned down

Postby marie marrison » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:46 pm

I have had the same problem also they recognise the fact that mobility as terrible, so long that I can make a cup a tea and the sandwich , I don`t need a carer therefore they give me 4 points , the fact that I am in pain most of the day an d walk with a cane , it didn1t matter :evil:
marie marrison
UKFM Member

Postby katherine244 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:59 pm

I also got 0 points and apparently an identical report to yours. Do you think they have a template?!! They will also not get rid of me that easily. I may be in pain and struggle with things but I will stick it out til the end!!!!!
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby big matt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:44 pm

just got turned down for PIP "am fit" Grrrrrrr WHAT A JOKE!!!!! :evil:
big matt
UKFM Newbie

Postby Siouxiem » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 am

I am one of the "lucky" ones, and am still on DLA. I am due a medical though, and last time it seems I made a miraculous recovery. It took me 18 months to get it put right, and in that time I lost my Motability car, so was housebound, and due to lack of funds had to let my carer go. And the debts piled up too. I didn't get a full back payment either - just six months. So, I am dreading the change to PIP. I am in constant pain in spite of the tablets I take, and on top of the fibro have AF. I am waiting for a cardioversion (where they stop the heart, then give it a shock to hopefully make it beat properly again), but of course, there's nothing wrong with me! My GP is incredibly supportive thank goodness.
All I can say is get as much documentation as you can, and when filling out your forms, remember you have to describe your worst days. Good luck with your appeal - please, let us know how it goes.
Siouxiem
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:17 am

I am sorry to hear this, but I am not surprised I got turned down too. I hope that you have asked for a reconsideration and also requested all the information that they hold on your. This is called an SAR (subject access request) there are template letter and help on figthback4justice page on facebook. hth and good luck
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby racmcv » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi I have also just received my letter telling me that I have been turned down for pip. Daily living by 2 points and mobility. Apparently I have perfect memory and that I manage to sit and stand with no problems. On day of assessment (5 months after first putting form in) I was having a reasonable day so I believe that I was being judged on that one day not that this illness can make you have good days and bad. I did come him and sleep after it as I felt drained. I too am not going to give up I am getting citizens advice on it and have been in contact with my mp. It did come as a shock as I have been off sick since march and at the beginning of the month I was dismissed due to being off as long. So I just felt so down and that I was letting everyone down. I would like to know how many people have asked for thus mandatory reconsideration and been awarded pip. Sorry about my ranting on but I feel like we are losing out on a benefit we deserve and the people assessing us are nine the wiser to have this illness/disability affects us
racmcv
UKFM Newbie

Postby mimildred » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:59 pm

I have my assessment next week. Was quite confident I would get at least the lower level mobility, but not so sure now....!
Mimildred
mimildred
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Just received my letter yesterday with a BIG FAT 0 points!

What qualifications do these assessors have to make judgements of you?

I was told my memory was satisfactory that I was able to tell him what my meds where..thats because I took them all with me!!

I was able to walk 200 yards..how would they know he never saw me walk that far?

I completed the physical tests satisfactory and showed good manual dexterity...i didn't, I refused to complete some knowing it would cause pain!!

I remembered the 3 things I was told to, door, lock, keys...erm..I got it right the 3rd time!

What a complete joke, how now do I proceed with an appeal anyone?

Di. :evil:
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Diane64 wrote:Just received my letter yesterday with a BIG FAT 0 points!

What qualifications do these assessors have to make judgements of you?

I was told my memory was satisfactory that I was able to tell him what my meds where..thats because I took them all with me!!

I was able to walk 200 yards..how would they know he never saw me walk that far?

I completed the physical tests satisfactory and showed good manual dexterity...i didn't, I refused to complete some knowing it would cause pain!!

I remembered the 3 things I was told to, door, lock, keys...erm..I got it right the 3rd time!

What a complete joke, how now do I proceed with an appeal anyone?

Di. :evil:

That sounds pretty horrible Di.

I had my assessment last week and I just got the feeling I wasn't being believed and I think I might end up with close to 0 points as well. He kept listening to my answers and then asking the question again in a way which implied I could really do what I had just said I couldn't.

I think you have to contact the DWP and ask for them to reconsider as you want to appeal. They then spend ages reconsidering before you can formally appeal.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits