[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - No longer able to work - ESA

No longer able to work - ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No longer able to work - ESA

Postby Swindoniangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:24 pm

i am in the process of giving up work as it is very stressful which means that i am constantly in a flare. After recently being admitted to hospital i was told when i returned to work i was told i was on a sickness management plan due to the amount of time i have been off sick. After talking to my doctor about the amount of stress that this was causing me alongside the already stressful working situation he suggested that i think about whether or not i should continue. Following further discussions with my employer i have come to the difficult decision to give up work at Christmas.

My question is will i be able to claim ESA? i am luck enought to already receive Pip but dont think i can manage to live on that alone.

i would appreciate any help.
Swindoniangirl
UKFM Newbie

Re: No longer able to work - ESA

Postby Lizee » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi swindoniangirl,

I'm in the same position as you decision wise. I have 2 small children and currently work in a call centre environment from home. I find that by the time I've been up since 5 looking after my youngest child who isn't yet school age I'm in too much pain and am too exhausted to work. My husband works but we still need another income. I have, after speaking to my dr and reading about ESA on the.gov website decided that I really need to consider leaving work, for the sake of my family. I've applied for pip and I'm waiting on a decision maker to decide what, if any benefit I'm entitled too. I have also read about ESA. It seems to be offered to anyone who is unfit to work, the only stipulation being you need a sick note from your go to get it started. You are then subject to the same assessment process as with pip except you get a basic rate payment whilst you wait. I hope this helps. I found the info by googling ESA and clicking the link for the direct.gov website.

Hope this helps you

Lizee
Xx
Lizee
UKFM Member

Re: No longer able to work - ESA

Postby zappa20 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 am

zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits