PIP Success!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Success!

Postby gabby71 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:00 am

Hi All

Had my letter from DWP yesterday - I have been awarded standard rate for daily living :-D
Nothing for mobility, in two minds whether to appeal against that but at least I have been awarded something - really don't think I can go through any more hassle..
Just thought I would let you all know that it's not impossible and thanks for the tips and help that you have given me on my journey
Good luck to all who are still waiting :)

Gab.x
gabby71
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Success!

Postby michmc62 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 am

had my assessment last friday ,how long did you wait to get your good news ?
,so pleased for you ,im keeping my fingers crossed x
michmc62
UKFM Newbie

Postby Miichelle » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Had my assessment and have received a letter asking for my bank details but no letter to say yes or no to claim ....Cross fingers.
Well done on your success :)
Miichelle
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:37 pm

I'm glad to hear you got the PIP, I am waiting for the decision on mine. I had the assessment and I thought it was horrible, I felt like I wasn't being believed at all and now I think I might lose the DLA/PIP.

you can query the decision about mobility component but think carefully because the DWP are a law unto themselves, they might reassess the whole claim and give you nothing!

Benefits and work is a good website: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/person ... nts-system

You need 8 points to get mobility and you have to be practically immobile to get 8 points: less than 50 meters walking, or have a mental disability that prevents you from planning / following a journey. Very strict. :-| :-?
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby shazza » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:51 pm

A big congratulations on getting awarded pip i was terrified when i had mine but i was one of the lucky ones and got my award earlier on this year im so pleased for u
love and hugs to all Sharon :-D
shazza
UKFM Member

Postby gabby71 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi all, I got my decision letter 2 weeks after my assessment, the whole process took just under 6 months so I think I was one of the lucky ones - i'm in South Wales and assessment was done at home by a lovely chap from Capita.x
gabby71
UKFM Member

Postby Jazzijac » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:57 am

Hi So glad you got something. I had my assessment 16/08 got paid out 28/08my claim took from previous dec 13
The mobility if you got some points but not enough I would appeal
Because FM can stop you walking 50 Myra not everyday buy frequent it also impairs going any where as fibro fog depression etc
They do forget depression is quite a big part in FM many don't even realise it as the pain just masks that as we concentrate on mobility and pain. I was slightly Kate for my appointment apologised as I had called a taxi but gave wrong day
Maybe that got my points up I am not sure I do have depression and I am so forgetful these days

I hope everyone else who commented here gets it too it's made a huge difference for me I can afford to buy Xmas presents this year
Jazzijac
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits