[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - PIP - who here has got it? how long for the decision?

PIP - who here has got it? how long for the decision?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: PIP - who here has got it? how long for the decision?

Postby MPSGuy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:07 pm

MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:09 pm

MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:59 pm

I am not educated enough on the process in the UK to comment on how you should proceed, I can only add my tuppence worth on how my claim went.

It took 10 years for things to be sorted out. Dr's and medical staff contradicting themselves and each other but agreeing I could not work. The paperwork for my file is over 4ft high. I have a copy of everything. I had a claim with workers compensation as well as government disability. The latter would not decide until workers company did.

I can definitely understand the frustration of it all. I ended up getting the workers advisor to do my claim with workers compensation, I did nothing, they wrote out and spoke at all appeals. They answered all questions, I just sat there.

For the government disability, I went to 3 levels of appeal and the final was with 3 judges. As other claims were being dealt with, a DR with for the government was reading my file. The judges stopped someone else's case and said I looked very uncomfortable that they would do mine next and there was a place I could lie down if I chose.

Anyway, before we went back into court the government lawyer stopped us in the hall and said they would award me full disability but no back pay. If we went into court they would fight it all and I may loose. I took the sure thing.

So.....In the end I was awarded between the two agencies 100% of my pay until I am 65 then I go on regular pension and a pension from workers compensation. I also got ten years of 100% back pay from workers compensation. So far I have been on 100% disability, full pay for 25 years. I have not had any more medicals and have not heard a word from anyone, only cheques and their updates on my pension after 65. Workers compensation have been adding over my pay, 10% extra into a pension and invested. There will be 35 years worth when I reach 65.

Don't Give Up!!!! Take help if there is an agency that helps with appeals.
Do Not! .....try to exaggerate or make your story too long, they lose interest.
Do Not!.....keep going on about the I can't do this or that, explain the difficulties you have doing things instead. The appeals officers have said when all they hear is the "I can't syndrome" they think that people are exaggerating.
Do submit all medical evidence. We had 5 copies done in binders to take to appeals for the Decision makers and Dr's making the decision. They could not say that they didn't have all the info. LOL!

Good luck to everyone. I can relate to everyone appealing. Let me tell you though, there was a mountain of stress lifted when that cheque for 10 years pay showed up on my doorstep. I had the judges say they were sorry to know how long it took. It should never have been any longer than 3 years if a person had to appeal every level. They said with the medical evidence it should have been approved right away.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits