ESA question

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA question

Postby Flippy22 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi. I would love to know if anyone has managed to get into the support group for fibro without any other conditions? Thanks
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Re: ESA question

Postby migrembe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:11 pm

yes i am in the support group, but my fibro causes bad depression and panic attacks and is very disabling, but i did have to appeal the original decision.

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby sixty » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes I have been awarded ESA and placed in the support group.I receive no money however as the say my small works pension puts me over the government threshold.
I paid my National Insurance for 30 years and it makes me angry that when I need financial help I am refused.
I have been advised to apply for PIP so have sent off the application form.I Feel really apprehensive about this application as fibromyalgia has no outward signs and I hate the whole feeling of being judged by someone who cannot comprehend the full effect this illness has on your life.
sixty
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 am

First things first - DON'T PANIC!!!!

You could make an appointment with CAB or contact Fightback to help you fill in the form.

I get £60 a month from my NHS pension but it's not affected my ESA benefit, but i do know that if your pension is more than the benefit then they won't pay any benefit.

Do you know that the government is giving a once a year payment of £140 towards your electric bills, ask your electric supplier, and British Gas has a trust fund will will help pay part or all of your gas bill if it is in arrears, they paid my £400 winter bill last year, obviously you have to have an account with them.

Money is such a stressful problem, hope you get some support.

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits