Got PIP Sorted Now Been Overpaid My WTC...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Got PIP Sorted Now Been Overpaid My WTC...

Postby gabby71 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi All

So, last month I was awarded PIP daily living at standard rate finally!
Called HMRC to let them know so that they could reassess my WTC/CTC...had a letter from them to tell me about my new award and they also paid me a lump sum to cover the period that I was waiting for my PIP decision - it was only after I read and re-read the award letter that |I noticed that they had based the award on the enhanced rate! I called them straight away and the lady that I spoke to said that it was recorded correctly when I phoned them and that the mistake had been made at head office!!
So, I have to call them on Monday to find out my correct award amount and to also find out by how much they have overpaid me in the lump sum!
The reason that I am posting this is that the lady said that she had spoken to someone else a few days prior who had the exact same issue and I urge anyone who is doing the same to double check - otherwise god knows how much further down the line you could get a letter asking for a hefty repayment!!!
I am soooo glad that |I read and re-read that letter or it could easily have been me...

cheers all and Merry Christmas :-D

Gab
gabby71
UKFM Member

Re: Got PIP Sorted Now Been Overpaid My WTC...

Postby debs67 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi gabby, im only claiming child tax credits cos my wtc was stopped because i had to finish work. Can i ask what did they reassess you on, if you are claiming both .
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: Got PIP Sorted Now Been Overpaid My WTC...

Postby gabby71 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:19 am

Hiya, they reassessed me because I am now in receipt of PIP, I work 35 hours per week so I guess that is why I still get CTC and WTC

cheers

Gab.x
gabby71
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits