PIP Home Assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Home Assessment

Postby becbob » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:07 pm

I have my pip assessment at home on Friday 2nd. Not looking forward to it at all. I'm really anxious about it but I know that one way or another it will all be over soon. Let's hope I get someone who's compassionate and understanding. I have a feeling that wont be the case though after all the horror stories I have read.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Home Assessment

Postby michmc62 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:29 pm

had my pip assessment late nov ,i was blessed with a lovely lady that understood fybromyalgia ,she said she was not here to trick me with questions ,but to help me fill in the forms to the best of my knowledge and how it was for me day to day ,i still didnt believe i would get pip ,but 2 weeks after i had my answers ,i was awarded the benefit and recieved all the back money due to me before christmas ,please have faith that you get the same treatment for your assessment ,fingers crossed soft hugs mich xx
michmc62
UKFM Newbie

Postby davidomz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 pm

I had my pip assessment at home in October, scared s******* especially as I knew one of the folk who was doing assessments. I was so paranoid that they were wanting to scope me out at home and say I was fine. the lady who came was lovely and very polite and understanding, she seemed upset when I described my quality of life and what u couldn't do. lasted about 45mins. just went over my typical day, how I adjust to changes, how much help I need etc. it so happened my whole right side was numb so she saw first hand effects of it.
2 weeks later I got letter saying being awarded enhanced rate for both parts and back dated to aug when I applied. the money means nothing, knowing someone believes me means the world!
only taken me 12yrs of trying to prove I'm ill. I still and always will have the ignorant judging me as fibro invisible but now I can say I've proven its real!
good luck xx
davidomz
UKFM Newbie

Postby KarmaNicola » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:10 am

I had my PIP assessment, i got the lower care bit, and nothing for the mobility side, even though i cant walk properly and need a stick and cant go far. I hope all goes well for you
KarmaNicola
UKFM Newbie

Postby morette5 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:43 am

Had my PIP home assessment October, was turned down. Asked for reconsideration within 14 days.Still heard nothing.
morette5
UKFM Member

Postby Chellejireh » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:44 am

I would /will contact them every week until i did hear!
As for getting low mobility awarded when high is required / for being refused... Appeal. Appeal. Appeal!
If possible have a family member or friend with you when they come to assess you..and when filling in forms if there is a gap in any boxes draw a line through it before you sign...that way you know exactly what you are signing to (& that nothing can be added)
Chellejireh
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sairbear74 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:38 am

Hi,
I had my PIP assessment at home about 8weeks ago, with a lovely nurse who worked for the DWP.
She totally understood Fibromyalgia and was extremely sympathetic.
Although I wasn't having a "flare up" at that precise time, she told me to bear in mind would I be able to do/not do certain things she was asking.
They had been in touch with my GP and had totally repeated what I had put in the initial application.
I chased it up 4 weeks later and was told I would be awarded.
I know that there is a massive backlog with applications and I do think it depends on where you live.
Try not to be nervous, just be yourself and tell the truth is the advice I can give you.
Hope it goes well
Sarah
Sairbear74
UKFM Newbie

Postby Welshmammy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:54 pm

I had my home assessment in July. The lady that attended to assess me was a physiotherapist. She was very kind and very understanding. In September I received my decision, enhanced on both components.
Welshmammy
UKFM Newbie

Postby becbob » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:21 am

Just had a call from Atos, assessor has called in sick so they have had to reschedule. I've got myself all worked up for nothing. Bloody Atos. New appointment is now for 12th January.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits