Re-applying for PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re-applying for PIP

Postby juju1968 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello
I had an ATOS assessment for PIP last year and my claim ultimately was refused. Is it worthwhile re-applying? I was turned down because on a good day I was able to get on a bus. Currently I am off work with severe depression, struggling to just get about around the house, sitting on the couch or in bed with a hot water bottle & a blanket on my legs. I am still lucky to be not as bad as some sufferers and any advice would be welcome. Many thanks. Julie.
juju1968
UKFM Newbie

Re: Re-applying for PIP

Postby aziriphale » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Yes Re apply, and if you get refused again appeal

Never tell them about your good days, just talk about your bad
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:35 pm

Just remember that when considering the descriptors that apply to pip in order to be found capable of completing the activity that each descriptor deals with, you must be able to complete them reliably, safely, in a timely fashion and as often as you need to for the majority of the time. If you cannot do that then you must be considered unable to carry out the activity and the question of to what degree attracts point accordingly.

Yes re-apply but the important thing is to document and evidence your ability across the descriptors that you consider apply to you, over what percentage of time, over the course of a week. If you need help to do that ensure that you get it from an organisation familiar with the system.
macca
UKFM Member

Postby Ren22 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:49 am

I heard from a trusted source that the PIP assessments are outsourced to people who aren't necessarily anything to do with the medical profession and that they get paid for turning people down. I need to claim but I'm going to try and get my MP on my side.
Ren22
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:26 am

If you are able to go to work then they seem to turn you down for PIP/DLA and although they probably shouldn't it just seems to be the way. You need to be physically disabled and unable to work for at least 6 months or maybe i should say that it wasn't until i had to give up work that i was then granted DLA. No PIP in this area yet.

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:12 pm

definitely reapply I had been turned down just sorting out my appeal and have already reapplied
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby Keep going » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi
I used to recieve DLA but when I was well enough to work p time let it run out . Big mistake because now I've applied for pip and have been turned down . I was not able to function (or go to work ) for 4 months solid and this just p time this past two months . I have asked for an appeal but haven't got a clue what difference it will make :( any advise welcome ta
Keep going
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits