PIP Assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Assessment

Postby E-Bunny » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi,

I have finally received my appointment for assessment. They are going to be doing the assessment at my home next Wednesday ! Are home assessments normal ? ( My house looks like a bomb has hit it as Ive been in an enormous amount of pain recently :( )

Is there anything i need to do to prepare for it ? Really scared of how it is going to go, and have no idea what they will ask :(

Because i have good days ( really rare ) and extreme bad days ( really often lately ), what do i need to base my answers on ?

Any advice / help would be really helpful as i have never had an assessment before

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Assessment

Postby tich » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi i haven't had mine yet but been told always tell them on your worst day. If you have pain dairy let them see it as well. Not sure about home visits. All you can do is your best and mind they are their to see you not inspect your house take care lets know how things go
tich
UKFM Member

Postby Dee Dee » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:52 pm

I would suggest you start writing down all your symptoms. Also, make a note on how you cope day to day. If you have your notes to hand it helps to jog your memory on what you need to say. Don't leave anything out, however, trivial. There are a lot of websites where you can do an online assessment to see how you would fair on the PIP assessment.
Dee Dee
UKFM Newbie

Postby marie marrison » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:26 pm

i had my assessment at they place and been refuse any money because i could just about make a sandwich and a cup of coffee so they decided that i wasn`t ill enough for my money. i can`t just about get of bed and make myself a drink but they weren1t interesting about what i had to say :-x good luck xx
marie marrison
UKFM Member

Postby musickatu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Leave your house as it is. That proves you can't do much. They go through the form your filled in. Have any medication and aids you use out so they can see them. Answer all questions as if its your worse day.

I've got my review (i was awarded pip last april) on wednesday. Good luck.
musickatu
UKFM Newbie

Postby Chri55ee » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:54 pm

I was diagnosed with FM almost 4 yrs ago. I am currently only getting ESA and have been too worried to apply for PIP because I hear how difficult it is to get it due to assessment expectations. I do have other help issues too.
What I could never work out is when your asked how long can you walk? Well, I don't go out and can barely move around at home as it is. I have no alternative to do things for myself due to no help from anyone who's here at home with me. I recently had an OCT health assessment from my employer but nit worked for is very 3 yrs. So the report stated that they would class me as disabled, would that be of any help is very my case? Also there are bits that don't go in my favour that they've made presumptions on their own.
Would appreciate help and advice the best things to say. As you all know we vary from day to day but they need to know us at our worst.
Thanks in advance; )
Chri55ee
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits